With many of us wary of going back to salons and beauty parlours shut due to the coronavirus pandemic, many of us have been forced to abandon our usual beauty routines as we practice social distancing.
This means that our nails, hair and face will suffer from neglect unless we can give them similar treatment that they’re used to. Below are some beauty routines you should take up now.
Read Also: 8 Baby Oil Beauty Hacks That Will Totally Change Your Life
1. Hair: This is the perfect moment to give your hair a break from plaiting, weaves and wigs. You can do a deep condition, moisturize it more often, and put on a protective style. Follow a simple at-home hair care routine that doesn’t require a professional or expensive products. Use DIY hair care products like onion oil or try out an Indian hair care routine and watch your hair increase in volume and length.
2. Nails: If you’ve been getting your nails done with gels or acrylics, you might feel at a loss now that you can’t keep up their maintenance. Fear not. Even though you might have to wait to the end of the quarantine to get your nails done professionally, you can still keep them looking fresh while at home.
Give yourself an at-home manicure. Remove gels by soaking cotton wool in acetone and placing on the nails. Wrap with tin foil and leave for 10 to 15 minutes or until the nail polish lifts on its own. Then cut your nails in the shape that you like and file down the edges. Clean your nails with nail polish remover and then apply the nail polish colour of your choice.
If you don’t want to apply nail polis, use this time to use essential oils and vitamin E for your nails and cuticles. Essential oils like lemon and eucalyptus can help strengthen your nails.
3. Face: When you change your skincare routine or start using a new product, you will have to give your skin some time, four to six weeks to adjust. It will look worse before it starts getting better. If you’ve been meaning to change up your skincare routine but you didn’t want to have to go out in public during the transition period, now is the time to try those new products. Try out a new serum, chemical peel, retinol or face mask.
4. Brows and lashes: With little social engagement, you can get away with doing so much. Now is the time to grow out your brows since you can’t get them tweezed or threaded in the salon. Give them the chance to fill out with the help of serums.
As for your lashes, staying away from false lashes and lash glue and applying some eyelash serums could help them grow a bit longer and fuller.
5. Teeth whitening: Your teeth need a little TLC every once in a while. Even as you brush your teeth twice a day and avoid any stain-causing foods, you might want to whiten them every once in a while. There are natural teeth whitening procedures that you can do at home with products that are already in your kitchen. Whitening your teeth will give you a brighter, wider smile.Photo Credit: Getty