For a long time, the assumption has always been that baby products aren’t suitable for adults.
These products are usually mild but that might exactly be what you need to take your beauty routine to the next level. The benefits of using baby soap for your face can’t be overstated and it turns out that baby oil is also another beauty hack.
Here are different ways you can use baby oils in your beauty regimens. Thank us later.
Also Read: 3 Beauty Tips To Having A Glowing Skin As You Grow Older
1. Daily moisturiser: Baby oil has many benefits as a moisturizer. It’s gentle enough for different skin types and it gives a soft and glowy effect on the skin. Trade in your usual moisturizer for baby oil and you’ll love all the perks it will come with.
2. Cuticle oil: Dry cuticles result in weak and brittle nails. Nail polish, washing detergents and other chemicals often dry them out over time. A great hack to help you nails recover is by applying baby oil on them. For extremely dry nails, apply some every day before bed.
3. Remedy for cracked heels: Dry, cracked heels are not a good look at all. Baby oil can moisturize your heels effectively to reveal soft heels. Of course its effectiveness will also depend on how often you scrub your feet as well. Always couple your pedicures with baby oil massages.
4. Make up remover: Baby oil is a great alternative to the harsh make up removers many women use. It’s also a good replacement for ordinary soap and water because those can dry out the skin over time. Put some baby oil on a cotton pad and rub it gently to remove all the makeup. It’s even better for the eye area because it doesn’t sting one bit.
5. Lip exfoliator: If you’re looking for the perfect lip exfoliator that will make them soft, baby oil could be the best option for you. You can mix in some sugar with the oil and gently scrub your lips for a few seconds, then rinse it off. It effectively helps remove the dead skin, leaving them brighter and softer.
Also Read: Benefits Of African Black Soap And DIY Solutions To Make With It
6. Overnight face mask: Another amazing benefit is that it can be used as a face mask. For best results, mix some of the oil with a table spoon of rose water and aloe Vera. Mix those ingredients until you get a creamy consistency and apply on your face overnight then rinse in the morning.
7. Massage oil: Use some baby oil to massage your skin. Its consistency makes it suitable and it’ll also nourish your skin with vitamin E. You should definitely carry some for your next spa visit. The oil is also great for under eye massaging. It’ll help remove the discolouration and it’s safe to use because the skin around the eyes is delicate.
8. Baby oil for your hair: Baby oil will repair your ends and give it the shine it needs. Apply some on your hair and massage your scalp as well. Be careful though because it can easily make your hair greasy. A few drops at a time will do.Photo Credit: Getty