People define marriage as the union between a man and a woman, however, this union can occur more than once in a lifetime. Although various forms of marriages exist, there are 2 major types of marriages practised in Nigeria. We have monogamy, whereby a man gets married to one wife and we also have polygamy, whereby a man can get married to more than one wife. The practice or custom of having more than one wife at the same time is definitely not new in this part of the world.
However, with more and more infusion of western culture diluting the African culture, young African women are kicking back and against the idea of them having to share their husband with their husbands, forcing men more and more to have mistresses, babymamas and side-chics instead of just marrying another wife. But the truth is that the Nigerian laws are not against a man having more than one wife, and so some particular public Nigerian figures and celebrities are taking the bull by the horn and having more than one wife with the reckless abandon of the western cultural influence on the modern Nigerian women. Having more than one wife specifically is one thing many even see as a good thing, because it shows that the man in question, is capable and able, to handle more than one woman. Having more than one wife again can even be said to be a kingly act because most kings have more than one wife. Now there are some Nigerian celebrities who have more than one wife, and they are proud to show off their lovely wives, and beautiful kids. There are even cases of Nigerian celebrities, marrying their fellow Nigerian celebrities and becoming second wives. So, here are 10 Nigerian celebrities with more than one wife; 1. Ned Nwoko Famous billionaire businessman, Prince Ned Nwoko is not new in the news, when it comes to celebrities with more than one wife. With his wealth and lavish lifestyle, it is evident that he is capable and able to have as many wives and kids as he desires. While it is common knowledge that Ned has six wives, the most common names that seem to pop online are four. These are his Moroccan wife, Laila Charani (fourth wife), Barrister Lily Nwoko (first wife), Lina Nwoko (fifth wife), and his youngest wife Regina Daniels (sixth wife). His marriage to his latest wife, Actress Regina Daniels, sparked a lot of controversies, because of the age difference between them. But so far, they are still together and even have a lovely son to boot. 2. Jide Kosoko Nollywood veteran Prince Jide Kosoko is said to have two wives which are, Karimat and Henrietta. So far he has been blessed with beautiful children and grandchildren. Jide Kosoko and his children have dominated the movie industry, to the extent that one can say they are a force to reckon with.
3. Segun Ogungbe Popular actor, scriptwriter, and producer, Olusegun Akanni Ogungbe married two sweethearts, Atinuke and Omawunmi who are also actresses in Nollywood. One can say he is following in the footsteps of his late uncle and Nollywood veteran, Akin Ogungbe, who had 20 wives and 50 children. Segun has revealed that his wives have no problem with sharing him and staying under the same roof.
4. Taiwo Hassan Talented Nollywood Yoruba actor, Taiwo Hassan is known for his exceptional acting skills on the big screen. His calm demeanor is no wonder that he can handle more than one wife. He currently has two wives, who are of different religions. But reports reveal that they don’t let their religion hamper their cohabitation. 5. Ahmed Musa Super Eagles captain, Ahmed Musa has been married there times, but has two wives, following the crash of his first marriage. He married his first wife, Juliet after the crash of his first marriage. Now in a quiet ceremony this year, he had his third marriage but to his second wife, Miriam.
6. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and former Emir of Kano state, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is one political figure who has four wives. With his four wives, he has been able to have thirteen children, which include five sons, and eight daughters. While he was still the governor of CBN, he pioneered the introduction of Islamic banking into the Nigerian banking sector. With his wealth and affluence, one can say he indeed has enough to cater to his large family.
7. Ali Nuhu Talented actor, Ali Nuhu is known for his amazing roles in both English and Hausa movies. He is one actor amongst the few, who dominates the Kannywood and to date, he is still relevant. Ali is said to have two beautiful wives. He married his second wife, Maryam Lamido on the 28th of July, 2020.
8. Adebayo Salami Veteran Nollywood actor and movie producer, Adebayo Salami popular known as Oga Bello has blessed us with numerous blockbusters. It has been said that Oga Bello has two wives. Because of the many children that he has, people often believe that he must have more than two wives. He has eighteen children of which five are involved in the movie industry.