Nigerian fraudster, Hushpuppi is currently being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago.
The Instagram celebrity who was arrested in Dubai in June, and extradited to the United States of America, appeared in court last Thursday.
Read Also: Naija Scams: Hushpuppi Spent ₦20million Partying With Peter Okoye And Even Washed His Legs With Champagne
He was charged with running a global fraud operation, including targeting a Premier League football club, a bank and a US law firm.
The Metropolitan Correctional Center, Chicago (MCC Chicago) is a United States federal prison in Chicago, Illinois, which holds male and female prisoners of all security levels prior to and during court proceedings in the Northern District of Illinois, as well as inmates serving brief sentences. It is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice.
• Alfredo Vasquez-Hernandez and Tomas Arevalo-Renteria, currently awaiting trial, are high-ranking members of the Sinaloa Cartel, a multibillion-dollar drug trafficking organization based in Mexico; extradited and indicted in 2012 on charges that they supplied Chicago with 2000 kilograms of cocaine per month, valued at over $1 billion.
• Kevin Trudeau, sentenced to 10 years on March 17, 2014, is an author, radio personality, infomercial host, and salesman. Trudeau was convicted in 2013 of criminal contempt for violating a 2004 federal court order that prohibited him from making deceptive television infomercials that misrepresented the contents of his weight loss cure book.
• Thomas Zajac, sentenced to 35 years on April 14, 2011. Zajac was convicted in 2010 of using a destructive device and other charges for detonating a homemade pipe bomb at the Salt Lake City Public Library in Utah on September 15, 2006 in retaliation against Salt Lake City police for arresting his son.
• Piper Kerman, author of Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison, served the last months of her prison sentence here.
• George Cottrell, British politician, arrested at O’Hare International Airport by the IRS Criminal Investigation Division in 2016.
• Nikesh A. Patel, Orlando, Florida-based businessman, who orchestrated the sale of 26 fraudulent loans totaling over $179 million, resulting in substantial losses to pension fund holders. Patel is serving 25 years in Federal custody.
• Kent Sorenson, State Senator and Political Consultant sentenced to 15 months for federal campaign violations in regards to work performed on Ron Paul’s Presidential campaign.
• R. Kelly, Singer and songwriter held without bail pending trial for accusations of child sexual exploitation.
Photo Credit: Getty