Toni-Ann Singh, is the newly crowned Miss World 2019, she emerged the winner of the world beauty pageantry competition at the grand finale in London on Saturday night, December 14.
Ophely Mezino of France and Suman Rao of India were the first and second runners respectively.
Singh placed in the top 40 of the Top Model competition and won the talent competition, which granted her direct entry into the top 40 semifinals.
Singh joins Miss Universe, Miss USA, Miss America, and Miss Teen USA as a 2019 titleholder.
Her addition makes it another first for Black women as it is the first time that all these 5 international talent and beauty pageantry competitions winners titles are held by Black women at the same time, across the 5 major model competitions.
Here are 7 quick facts about you should know about Toni-Ann Singh.
- She was born in 1996 in Morant Bay, Jamaica.
2. Her father is of Indo-Caribbean descent while her mother is from Jamaica and of African-Caribbean descent.
3. She immigrated to the United States at age 9.
4. The 23-year-old has a degree in women’s studies and psychology from Florida State University in Tallahassee.
5. She won the right to represent Jamaica at Miss World 2019 when she emerged winner of the Miss Jamaica World 2019 competition.
6. She is the fourth woman from Jamaica to win Miss World.
7. She aspires to be a doctor and loves singing, cooking, vlogging, and volunteering in her spare time. Photo Credit: Getty