Sunday, January 29, 2023
spot_img

Barcelona Striker Luis Suarez Agrees Terms With Atletico Madrid

- Advertisement -
Uruguayan and Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has agreed on a deal with Barca to end his contract the club and join La Liga rival with Atletico Madrid as a free agent.  Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez is Barcelona’s third all-time highest goalscorer, he was deemed surplus by the new Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman and asked to look for a new club to push his trade.

The 33-year-old former Liverpool striker who still has a year left on his contract agreed on a new deal to cut his contract short and move somewhere else where his services is needed.

Barcelona who had been touted to be heading to Italy to join the Old Lady’s Juventus. On Saturday Juventus manager Andrea Pirlo had said that Suarez move to the Serie A could happen because of delays in his bid to get an Italian passport. Though Atletico Madrid needs to shed from its current wage bill so that it could accommodate the Uruguayan.

“Suarez? It is difficult given the time factor, it is complicated for him to be the Juve centre forward,” Pirlo told a press conference before Juventus open their campaign against Sampdoria on Sunday.

Former Liverpool forward Suarez, 33, arrived in Italy on Thursday to pass his Italian language test required to receive a passport, according to media reports.

Also Read:  National Assembly Face Heavy Backlash Over Budget Alterations

Juve cannot recruit him because they have already reached their quota for non-EU players.

And bureaucratic delays mean he may not receive it before the transfer window in Italy shuts on October 5.

Photo Credit: Getty

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

13,000FansLike
21,100FollowersFollow
37,000SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles