Monday, February 6, 2023

Baby Chokes To Death As Maid Looks On

- Advertisement -

A Kenyan couple has been bereaved after their son choked to death despite their help being there. According to reports, the couple, Mr and Mrs Opar left their son in the care of their house help at St Mary’s Estate in Nakuru Town. However, at about 5 pm Mr Opar, a lawyer, received a call from a neighbour. “The caller told me that my son was dying after choking on food.” Confused and shaken, he asked the neighbour to take the child to the War Memorial Hospital, as he sped back to Nakuru.“Since he was my only child, Baby Jayden [Blessing] meant everything to me. As I drove back, I called my wife and told her to also rush to the hospital,” he said. “I did not even get to celebrate his first birthday, which was in a month’s time. It was the most painful moment of my life,” she said. Ms Naomi Wambui, the neighbour who had called Mr Opar, said; “I rushed into the house and found the house help watching television. When I asked her where the child was, she gestured towards the bedroom. I was shocked to find the child lying on the bed on his back before I called his parents.” Photo Credit: Getty

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Latest Articles