It’s not new to hear people say if your girlfriend is often jealous, it just means that she really loves you and doesn’t want to lose you. Sounds romantic, right? Not really. The truth here is that a jealous girlfriend isn’t jealous because she loves you too much rather she is for this 4 basic reasons,
a) Her environment
b) Her past experience
c) Low Self-Esteem
d) And her personality trait
Ladies who easily get jealous at first it might seem sweet and cute to watch overreact and express their affection and desire to not share their partner with other people, but the problem is that too much of it becomes toxic and choking. Leaving the man looking for an escape.
A) Just like almost every human in the world the environment, your immediate families are your first contact and first teachers of your basic understanding of the world. So a lady who comes from a home where she sees jealousy ridden parent who is always at each others neck nose deep searching for things that are not missing, she’s bound to pick up on those traits.
B) Her past experience: Experience of the past formulate how her thinking and vision of the future is formed. Though this depends on which side of the coin she connects with first, she was in a toxic relationship, she was with a jealous lover, she was the jealous lover all of this forms what she thinks is right. Or you’ve cheated on her before and she caught you.
C) Low Self-Esteem: A lady with a bash self-esteem, scared of her insecurities is bound to be jealous, always suspecting you’re looking for a girl who is better looking than her, more beautiful, she has a bigger backside, oh is it because she’s a working-class girl all of this minute details affect her consciousness and affect how she judges the type of relationship you’ve with other ladies.
D) Her personality trait: This probably just embodies everything already discussed.
READ ALSO: That Sharp Naija Guy: 3 Tips To Help Catch A Cheating Girlfriend
If you believe that you are with someone who displays the same characteristics as an overly jealous partner as explained above, then this article is your answer.
Here are sweet and practical ways to deal with a jealous girlfriend;
- Be Patient:When your girlfriend asks too many questions about little things, be patient enough to answer them. Your girlfriend needs you to have all the patience you can give because she’s not being jealous for no reason. She just wants you to tell her and assure her that she is good enough and that you love her no matter what.
READ ALSO: That Sharp Naija Guy: 5 Things You Shouldn’t Tell Your Girlfriend
It takes a lot of work to make a relationship with a jealous girlfriend last a lifetime. While your efforts can go a long way, it’s also important to make your girlfriend realize that she has to do her part, too. Work on this aspect together and you’ll see great improvements in your relationship soon.
- Don’t Get Defense:Sometimes you’ll feel bad because of all the questions and accusations. You’ll feel that you haven’t done anything so it’s just right to defend yourself. This is of course, natural. However, for a girl emotionally overtaken by jealousy, this only creates the idea that you’ve done something terrible – and that’s why you’re doing your best to come clean.The best thing to do is to remain calm and just talk to your girlfriend. Let her feel that you don’t have anything to hide and she doesn’t need to worry about anything.
- Learn To Stay Calm:When you have a jealous girlfriend, chances are, you’ll hear nonstop questions and sometimes accusations of the things you don’t even know about. To avoid heated arguments, it’s always good to keep your head calm and try to resolve the problem without raising your voice.
It will just worsen the situation if you match your girlfriend’s energy and be angry with her for being jealous.
READ ALSO: KOKOnista of The Day: Curvy Sanchoka Is Tanzania’s Most Endowed Woman
- Help Her Gain Self-Confidence and Self-Worth: As what was mentioned above, jealousy has something to do with how your girlfriend views herself. When she doesn’t feel good about herself, don’t invalidate her feelings. Instead, encourage her to have more faith in her abilities and teach her how to be kind to herself. Teach and motivate her to do things for herself, the same things that will improve her confidence and self-worth.
- Don’t Keep Secret:One of the many don’ts in a relationship is lying. A lie made with good motives is still a lie and can hurt your girlfriend’s feelings so better be honest before it creates a misunderstanding and turns into a bigger mess.
The best way to deal with a jealous girlfriend is to prevent arguments and this can be done by being honest with them. Don’t be too worried about yourself. If you’ve made some kind of mistake, it’s better to be honest about it than to cover it up with some lie.
- Show Her Off And Be Proud of Her: Introduce her to your family and friends, make them respect her, you should be there for each other be proud of each other regardless of how small the achievements are. Let your jealous girlfriend know that you are proud of her, and do this as often as you can.Having a stable relationship is good but make sure stability doesn’t turn into boredom. It’s still better to give your jealous girlfriend some reassurance that you are still happy with the relationship.
- Know What Makes Her Jealous: Lastly, It is very important to know what’s causing the jealousy for you to be able to resolve it. Talk to each other and discuss what’s causing the problem. Not knowing the root cause of the issue can only make it worse. Don’t assume anything. Let her tell you the real reason and do your best to understand where she’s coming from.
Photo Credit: Getty