If you were a Nigerian and listened to President Muhammadu Buhari’s nationwide speech yesterday evening October 23, you would probably have been disappointed and just maybe wanted more, like it was widely criticised that the speech lacked empathy.#Destroyed
Just maybe there’s a reason for that, a driveby through Fagba and Iju area of the Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government Area of Lagos would have convinced you a little. And enlighten your thinking on the reasons why the President had to make such strong stand to quench all of the violence, mayhem and chaos some crooks, hooligans and thieves had perpetrated.
READ ALSO: Lekki Massacre! 6 Peaceful Protests In Nigeria’s History That Turned Bloody
Another driveby at the Bode Thomas street, Surulere would actually embolden that reason a lot more, there is no justification for such. To go into private businesses places and ruin it burn it or loot it, destroying things that cost hard-earned money put up.
Then the very things you were protesting against were the very things you had become. Below is a list of both public and private properties and investment that were destroyed all within just 48-hours it was a dire view to experience and it was nothing to speak good or gloat about.
In a country that still lacks proper and enough Infrastructure, destroying the few we have is most definitely not the way to go.
- Nigeria Port Authority Lagos – Set ablaze
- Orile Police post, Lagos – Set ablaze
- Lekki Toll gate, Lagos – Totally destroyed
- BRT Terminal, Oyingbo – New BRT Buses set on fire
- Television Continental, Ketu, Lagos – set ablaze
- VIO, FRSC Office, Ojodu – FRSC branded cars, generators set ablaze
- BRT Terminal, Ojodu, Lagos -buses set ablaze
- The Nation Newspaper, Ketu
- BRT Buses at Berger -set ablaze
- Lagos Television – Agidingbi, Ikeja – shut down
- Recreational Center, Oregun, Lagos – Set ablaze
- Oba of Lagos’ Palace – burnt to ashes. His sceptre of authority carted away with
- Gov Sanwo-Olu’s mother’s House, Surulere, Lagos – set ablaze
- King’s college set ablaze
- Bode Thomas business avenue ransacked, shops on the avenue burgle and looted dry.
- Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos vandalised
- GTBand Branches destroy and burnt down
- Access bank Branches vandalised
- Channels Television shut down
- Ajeromi Local Govt Secretariat:
- Lagos-Island Local govt destroyed
- Lagos-Island East LCDA Secretariat set ablaze
- Lagos Mainland Local Govt secretariat destroyed
- Ibeju Lekki LCDA Secretariat destroyed
- Ikoyi Prison attacked and set ablaze
- Sanwo-Olu’s uncle’s house on the Island vandalised
- Ejigbo LCDA burnt down
- Fagba-Iju area turned into an aftermath war zone.
Photo Credit: Getty