Did you know that getting a smaller waist takes time, but with focus, persistence, and perseverance, you can do it? It is also not easy to lose weight by locally targeting specific areas.
Getting a smaller waist and a flatter stomach will boost your confidence and make you healthier in the process.
Read Also: 5 Most Dangerous Countries Never To Travel To Alone As A Nigerian Woman
Healthy Tips: It would be best if you were prepared to change your diet. Getting that smaller waist will require weight loss, which cannot be achieved through exercise alone. A healthy diet is key to good results. This would be achieved by adhering to reduce calorie intake. You should monitor the number of calories you take in a day, and this will only require discipline and determination. There are food choices that will hinder you from getting that slim waist.
- Sugar and refined sweeteners-there’s strong evidence showing that excess dietary sugar causes weight gain. Sugar can increase insulin levels, thus encouraging the storage of fats in the body. Sugary drinks- Sugar is a real enemy of progress when it comes to weight loss. The most significant substance is sugary drinks like soft drinks. These drinks are high in sugar hence very difficult to burn when consumed.
- Avoid processed foods-Processed foods typically have high sugar and starch contents, limiting weight loss and leading to a buildup of toxic and harmful substances in the body.
You can achieve greater results by;
- eating healthy fats
- starting the day with healthier breakfast
- Getting more fiber in your diet
If a slim waist and a flat belly are your goals, you should also focus on toning and strengthening the external and internal oblique muscles responsible for the waist shape.
- Sit-ups: This is quite a simple exercise you can do at home without the use of equipment. There are many variations to sit-ups and are directed right on the belly.
- Abdominal stretch/cobra stretch: The abdominal stretch, commonly known as the cobra stretch, is very effective for stretching the rectus abdominals.
- Jogging, running, or brisk walking regularly, when done in moderation, can quickly burn fats. Even the simplest of actions contribute much to burning calories.
Photo Credit: Getty