In response to the call for an end to SARS and the new proposed police unit, SWAT, the force has released a new tactical mandate detailing its plans going forward.
In the mandate signed by the Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, it stated what the new mandate entails.
The mandate reads:
1. No personnel of the defunct SARS will be selected to be part of the new TACTICAL team
2. Operations of the new TACTICAL team will be strictly intelligence-driven.
3. Members of the new TACTICAL team will by no means embark on routine patrols.
4. Members of the new TACTICAL team are barred from indiscriminate and unlawful search of phones, laptops and other smart devices.
5. Operatives of the new TACTICAL team must be free of any pending disciplinary matter especially those touching on misuse of firearms and abuse of human rights.Photo Credit: Twitter