Wednesday, January 19, 2022
spot_img

Buhari Will Free Nnamdi Kanu If IPOB Lockdown South-East Completely For Two Weeks – Deji Adeyanju

- Advertisement -

Deji Adeyanju, a human rights’ activist and convener of the Concerned Nigerians group, has identified the Sit-at-home order by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), as the only way secure the quick release of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the separatist group.

He advised that the South-East part of the country should effectively embark on a two-week lockdown in order to facilitate the release of the detained agitator.

Adeyanju made this claim of his Facebook page on Saturday while knocking the President Muhammadu Buhari’s government.

Read Also:I Told Him To Be Careful, They Said I Was Jealous Of Him – Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Obi Cubana

“If the Sit-At-Home in the SE is 100% effective and everywhere is on lockdown for 2-weeks, Nnamdi Kanu will be released soon. Once something is paining them so much, press their neck more,” Adeyanju wrote.

ipob
Kanu who was charged with ‘terrorism’ and treason, is currently being held in custody of the Department of State Services (DSS)

Read Also: Nnamdi Kanu Is Shining, Buhari Knows How To Handle And Care For His Prisoners – Adamu Garba

IPOB had earlier on Thursday, via a statement by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, frowned at the continued compliance with the sit-at-home every Monday in the Southeast region, even after it called off the order.

Also Read:  Chris Ngige's Daughter Inducted As A Medical Doctor At Lagos University Teaching Hospital

The group had urged residents to go about their normal lawful duties on Mondays, warning that it would deal with anyone found enforcing sit at home on that day.

Meanwhile, since August 9 when the sit-at-home exercise initially called by IPOB began in the South-East, residents have continued to comply with the order every Monday even when the group called off the exercise two weeks later.

It was observed that residents despite the cancellation have continued to observe the Monday sit at home, following attacks launched on some people who attempted to do businesses on that day by some faceless individuals.

These individuals had at some point burnt vehicles and other property which in turn created fears in the people.

IPOB, however, said that it would no longer tolerate forcing the people indoors in the name of a cancelled sit-at-home order.ipob

Photo Credit: Getty

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

13,000FansLike
21,100FollowersFollow
37,000SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles