The act of knowing how to ask a girl how to be friends with benefits is not as hard as it seems to be, with a lot of Naija girls claiming to be “woke” and attuned to western culture, the part you should be worried about is how to get your message across to her and make sure both know you want and agree to it. Nowadays texting is usually the way to go, and most guys will be on board.
Although plenty of guys would be over the moon for this type of offer, it is not for everyone. Before getting into the nitty-gritty remember that he can say no or he may want to think about it.
Just because friends with benefits equals no strings attached that doesn’t mean it is an easy situation to enter into. There is a lot to consider
- Pick Someone You Trust: The whole idea of friends with benefits is that you pick someone who is a friend. It does not have to be a close friend or a best friend, but someone that you know you don’t have actual feelings for and vice versa.
This way you are aware that you are comfortable with this person and trust them enough that when you sign on for this arrangement you know they’ll keep their word.
- Know you get along. Being friends with benefits with someone you don’t get along with is not the best idea. Yes, angry sex can be passionate, but friends with benefits was created to remove the drama and chaos of a relationship, not add to it.
- Choose someone you know you don’t lock heads with. Just headboards, LOL.
- Set ground rules. This may be the most important part that you need to keep in mind when you’re trying to figure out how to ask a guy to be friends with benefits. Without rules things tend to get messy. Are you both seeing other people? Are you informing one another if you have sex with someone else? Are you going to share meals or sleepover at each others’ places? What method of birth control are you relying on? These are all things you need to decide on before starting things out.
- This may be what makes relationships scary or even less romantic, but thankfully this is not a relationship.
- Know At The Back Of Your Mind Things Will Eventually End:Friends with benefits is not a marriage, which means it will end eventually. So before starting things make sure you are both verbally aware that this will not be forever.
- Agree on the terms. Will you pick things up next time you’re both single? Is this a six-month thing? How will you end it when the time comes?
- Give A Reason For The Arrangement:As a part of staying on the same page, you should be able to offer him a reason as to why you want to enter into this and why you picked him.
- Tell him that you like him and are attracted to him but just aren’t in the right headspace for a relationship. This seems like the perfect arrangement. This way you both know where the other is coming from. Photo Credit: Getty