Everyone knows that every Friday in the music sphere is a Good Friday, because you have a plethora of songs dropping that day. While getting and listening to these new sounds might be overwhelming for some over the weekend, for others it is the life they dreamt off. *Insert line, “Mama, look at how we made it.”
Okay, you’ve obviously gotten the memo that this Friday is when we party like never before. Get out the speakers! DJ on standby, we are going to turrrrrrrrrn up.
Let’s give you the weekend playlist. Hit jams back to back. No stopping!
1. Adekunle Gold featuring Nahilah BlackmanWhere are my Afro-pop stans? When Adekunle Gold started his transition from an alternate singer to an Afro-pop, I was befuddled. He was doing quite well in his chosen genre, that I wondered why he needed to change. So, to experiment, he gave us Jore with Kizz Daniel; the goal was to make it a 2020 hit song. Big shot for an experiment, right? Anyway, that was one shot, let’s see what he has up his sleeves.
From his hat, he brought Something Different, which helped solidfy the claims that this man didn’t come to joke. And now he’s hit gold with AG baby. This is a beautiful song. The hook is marvelous. His voice is as always sexy and the vibe on it has me thinking of the Generation Z gravitating their body to this sound.
2. Addicted by Niniola.First off, we all know how interesting Sarz is at his job. Now think of when that passion meets power, and you have Addicted by Niniola.
Niniola is easily one of the most serious and energetic stage performer in the Nigerian music industry. In every of her song, you can hear her bursting through with that energy. You definitely have to listen to this.
3. Know (Remix) by Ladipoe featuring Teni.At one time I think they were more accounts bearing Ladipoe Stan Account on Twitter than there was meat in the buka lady’s pot down the road on Allen. Okay, wrong analogy but you get the drift.
In a sense, Ladipoe can be that guy who has no bad songs, this assertion is not based on the number of streams bruh! I like the song and with Teni whose vibe I’ll love if she sells in a bottle, you can be rest assured of quality. The way Teni enters is just pure class. You’re still dilly-dallying on listening?
4. Anita by the CavemenSo, I recommended this beautiful High Life song to a friend, a Yoruba girl who I must confess is now looking for an Igbo boy to marry. No cap!
There’s no need to go on and on about how ‘movable’ this song is. I’ll let you listen and decide.
5. Jollof On The Jet by DJ Cuppy featuring Rema and Rayvanny.Two interesting things about this song. One, it is the first single off Cuppy’s forthcoming album, Original Cuppy. It is also the first Rema’s major feature with a Nigerian act.
I know Cuppy is always receiving backlash for her music, but if the songs in the album come with this fervor, we’re in for a feast. For this weekend, let’s just savor this dish.
Bonus song: Dobale by Black Beatz featuring Mojo. Have a music-inspired weekend!