Sometimes, beauty is just around you. It could be something simple as the sound of rushing water or the sight of the magnificence of water coming down in torrents. Yes, you can picture it already. We know you can. That’s the magic of waterfalls.
Waterfalls are such beautiful work of creation. For those who love taking pictures, we promise you, there’s no going wrong with them as your background. For Travel today, we decided to bring you five beautiful spots you should pick for a visit.
1. The Matsirga WaterfallSituated in Kafanchan in Kaduna State in the Northern part of Nigeria, its source is the spring above Kagoro hills. It is a juxtaposition of four different waterfalls. To say the least, the sight of water falling from 25 meters is truly amazing.
2. The Agbokim WaterfallSituated about 315 kilometers from Calabar in Cross-River State of Nigeria. The beauty of this place is unrivalled. it is majestic. And oh, this is a good place for a romantic date. The grandeur is second to none. It is a slice of heaven given to man.
3. Owu WaterfallSituated in Ifelodun LGA of Kwara State, Nigeria. Easily has a space as one waterfall to check out with a cascade of about 300 feet. What’s there not to love? The water is also cool, although might be tepid on some days, but the scenery will make up for it.
Read more: Travel: 5 Top Zoos To Visit In Nigeria
4. The Gurara WaterfallSituated off the Minna-Suleja road and about 30 minutes drive from the nation’s capital, Abuja. It has a cascade of 30 metres, although this tends to decrease during the rainy season.
5. The Erin-Ijesha WaterfallSome refer to it as Olumirin waterfall. The beauty of this waterfall is that it is the combination of seven waterfalls falling all together and into a big pool. It is situated in Erin-Ijesha town of Osun State in the South-Western part of Nigeria.