The private Jets market in Nigeria is growing really fast, and its definite a toy for the creme de la creme of the society and the Nigerian big boys are cashing into this society of privileged few around the world who can boast and afford these luxurious vehicles.
Some of Nigeria’s biggest boys and billionaires can even boast of owning more than 1 or 2 of these luxurious toys.
It is reported that as of today there are around 35 owners of this luxurious vehicle. In fact, that’s the highest number of owners in one country in the whole of Africa. It is stated that more that $6.5 billion has been spent on private jets in the country. Let’s see who are the top owners of private jets in Nigeria!…
They are bankers, oil magnates, business moguls, pastors, and politicians. It is one of the fastest-growing markets in the world. Below you can find the list of the most expensive private jets in Nigeria and its proud Nigerian owners.
1.Orji Uzor Kalu- Gulfstream G650, Global XRS, Falcon 7x.
The Former Governor of Abia state Dr. Theodore Orji Uzor Kalu owns the most expensive jet in Nigeria Which is the Gulfstream G650 which is worth $75million (₦27.1Bn). Though the Ex-Gov has 5 private jets to his name and possession and the most owned by any Nigerian. He also owns 3 Gulfstream IV and a Bombardier’s Global EXP XRS.
2. Ali Modu Sheriff- Gulfstream G650, The Dorniers
Former Governor of Borno State Ali Modu Sheriff who served two consecutive terms (he was the first Borno State governor to do so) is also an owner of the Gulfstream G650. He has four jets – the Gulfstream G650 and three Dorniers.
3. David Oyedepo- Gulfstream G650, Bombardier Challenger 605
The 3rd most expensive private jet in Nigeria is the Gulfstream G550 and the Gulfstream VG450, both are owned by Bishop David Oyedepo he also has owns 4 private jets. 4. Pastor E.A Adeboye: Gulfstream $65m
The Gulfstream features quite a number of times in this article, and it just goes on to show how far the Nigerian Billionaires goes to flaunt its wealth and how they spend it, Daddy G.O as is he is usually referred to by his church member is the 2nd pastor to feature in the article and he definitely isn’t going to be the last.
5. Mike Adenuga- Falcon 7XThe Falcon 7X is valued in the current private jet market as $50million, The Globacom and Conoil petroleum owner Mike Adenuga is a proud owner of the Falcon 7x and 4th most expensive on the list. He also owns 2 other private jets the Bombardier Challenger 604, Bombardier Global Express XRS.
6. Bola Ahmed Tinubu- Bombardier Global Xpress XRS The Bombardier Global Xpress XRS, is the 5 most expensive jet owned by a Nigerian and that roams the Nigerian airspace. It is owned by the APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He owns 2 private jets.
7. Folorunsho Alakija- Bombardier Global Express XRSThe Bombardier Express Business jet or as it is also known Bombardier Global Express XRS, the owner is the Richest black women in the world Madam Folorunsho Alakija. Her net worth is about $2.1 billion.
8. Aliko Dangote- Bombardier 605, Bombardier VG650
The Bombardier VG650 is the 6th most expensive private jet in Nigeria, at the moment and its owned by the richest black person in the world. His net worth is about $12.5 billion and he also made it to the Forbes magazine as the 23rd richest person in the world. Aliko has two jets – both Bombardier Express.
9. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor- Bombardier Jet
He is the founder and the Senior Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church. In July 2010, he won the election and became the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN). He owns one Bombardier jet. In fact, he claims that it was a gift.
10. Igho Charles Sanomi II- Bombardier Challenger 605
He is a Nigerian businessman with interests in oil, aviation, and real estate. His net worth is unknown. He owns a Bombardier Challenger 605 (shocking after seeing the owners of three or four jets, right?).
11. T.B. Joshua- Gulfstream G550
He is the founder of The Synagogue Church of All Nations and it’s leader. His net worth is $10-15 million and he made it to the Forbes list. In April 2015 he acquired a Gulfstream G550 that cost him about $60 million.
12. Adeleke Adedeji- Falcon 7XV Photo Credit: Getty