Other oligarchs have been sanctioned alongside Roman Abramovich today, including Oleg Deripaska – an industrialist worth £2bn who has had close links with the British political establishment.
- Roman Abramovich: owner of Chelsea FC and has stakes in steel giant Evraz and Norilsk Nickel;
- Oleg Deripaska: has stakes in En+ Group;
- Igor Sechin: chief executive of Rosneft;
- Andrey Kostin: chairman of VTB bank;
- Alexei Miller: chief executive of energy company Gazprom;
- Nikolai Tokarev: president of the Russia state-owned pipeline company Transneft;
- Dmitri Lebedev: chairman of the Board of Directors of Bank Rossiya
Read Also: ‘Putin Chose This War, And Now He And His Country Will Bear The Consequences’ – Biden Announces New Sanctions On Russia For Invading Ukraine
Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said: “Today’s sanctions show once again that oligarchs and kleptocrats have no place in our economy or society. With their close links to Putin they are complicit in his aggression.
“The blood of the Ukrainian people is on their hands. They should hang their heads in shame.
“Our support for Ukraine will not waver. We will not stop in this mission to ramp up the pressure on the Putin regime and choke off funds to his brutal war machine.”
Photo Credit: Getty