Roman Arkadyevich Abramovich is a Russian oligarch, billionaire, businessman, and politician. He is currently the owner of Chelsea Football but now has to sell it due to the Russian and Ukraine crisis. Roman Abramovich’s Net Worth, Biography, Achievements are so numerous.
Who is Roman Abramovich?
Born in 1966 (Age 55 years) in Saratov, Russia, a major port city in the southwestern corner of the country. He was the Former Governor of Chukotka in Russia. Abramovich was orphaned as a child and dropped out of college.
Net worth: 12.4 billion USD (2022)
Education: Bachelor of Arts/Science, Moscow State Law Academy
Spouse: Dasha Zhukova (m. 2008–2017), Irina Malandina (m. 1991–2007), Olga Yurevna Lysova (m. 1987–1990)
Children: He has 7 children named Arkadiy Abramovich, Sofia Abramovich, Leah Lou Abramovich, Ilya Abramovich, Aaron Alexander Abramovich, Anna Abramovich, Arina Abramovich.
READ ALSO: I Have Taken The Decision To Sell The Club – Roman Abramovich Confirms He Has Decided To Sell Chelsea
What are Roman Abramovich’s Achievements?
According to Forbes in 2019, Abramovich’s net worth was approximately $12.9 billion, making him the 11th richest person in Russia. Abramovich enriched himself in the years following the collapse of the Soviet Union, obtaining Russian state-owned assets at prices far below market value in Russia’s controversial loans-for-shares privatization program. The Russian has gained his wealth through various investments and is known for his ability to buy and sell both businesses and various assets for profit.
READ ALSO: Two Ukrainian Footballers Killed While Fighting Against Russian Invasion
Here are 10 things to know about Abramovich;
- He is the owner of Chelsea Football Club since 2003.
- Owner of 2nd most expensive yacht in the world £400m.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science, Moscow State Law Academy
- Abramovich was orphaned as a child and dropped out of school at 16
- He has a fleet of Yachts people call the Abramovich Navy
- He was a good friend with Donald Trump which earned him a good business
- Abramovich is Putin’s closest confidant
- His most expensive house worth is 500 million US Dollars
- He spends 1.6 million Dollars on personal security
- He has married 3 times and has 7 children
During Abramovich’s reign, Chelsea has grown into a perennial European and world power in club football. Since Abramovich took over the club in 2003, Chelsea has finished in the top four of the Premier League table in all but three seasons. In addition, the club has collected 18 major trophies during his ownership, including two Champions League titles and a Club World Cup.
Trending video of the day;
Photo Credit: Getty