Revealed! This Is How Often People In Relationships Are Really Having Sex

Science is a beautiful thing, as it helps us to understands a lot about our lifestyle, life and many things. Having regular sex has been linked to a range of health benefits both physical and emotional.Revealed! This Is How Often People In Relationships Are Really Having Sex 1A recent study published in the scientific journal Emotion found that having sex can make you happier the following day, and even leave you with an improved sense of meaning in life. And a recent survey has revealed some interesting, and in some cases depressing, findings on the quality and quantity of sex we’re having.Revealed! This Is How Often People In Relationships Are Really Having Sex 2Online women’s magazine Healthista conducted a survey of 1,300 women aged between 25 and 55 – over 90% of whom were in committed relationships – in which they asked respondents for intimate details about their sex lives.Revealed! This Is How Often People In Relationships Are Really Having Sex 3The survey found that over 10 per cent of women who are either married or live with their partner had not had sex in over a year. Almost 30 per cent of those surveyed said they have sex twice per month, compared to 40 per cent who said they had sex two to three times per week. A much smaller proportion, 4 per cent, say they have it every day, while 2 per cent reported having sex more than once each day.Revealed! This Is How Often People In Relationships Are Really Having Sex 4The survey, found that almost half of the women surveyed said they were unsatisfied with their sex lives: 32 per cent described it as “okay but could be better,” while 18 per cent said it was “boring and unsatisfying.” By contrast the other half said that they did lead a fulfilling sex life, 36 per cent of whom described it as “satisfying” while 14% said it was “hot.” It also found that over a third of women (34%) rated their libidos as either “low” or “non-existent”.Revealed! This Is How Often People In Relationships Are Really Having Sex 5The survey broached the topic of fidelity, too, with some 34 per cent of respondents claiming they’d had had sex outside of their long-term relationship, most of whom said this had happened between two and five times, while some 40% of the women surveyed admitted to fantasising about other people while having sex with their partner.Revealed! This Is How Often People In Relationships Are Really Having Sex 6Photo Credit: Getty

3 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here