The minister of interior, Rauf Aregbesola, has said there had been recurring attacks on correctional facilities across the country since the EndSARS protests in October 2020.
Aregbesola said this on Tuesday, July 12, during a visit to the Kirikiri maximum and medium-security custodial centres in Apapa, Lagos.
This comes following last week’s attack on the medium-security prison in Kuje near Abuja, where 879 prisoners were freed.
Aregbesola “So far, no jailbreak by inmates has been successful, we have successfully quelled all of them. What we have reoccurring since the EndSARS protests of October 2020, has been a mass of people attacking our facilities from outside and setting the inmates free.
However, I have now directed the Controller General of the NCoS to double his efforts on intelligence gathering to fortify and prevent breaches to the Custodial Centres beyond the use of arms and force.”
Trending video of the day;
Photo Credit: Getty