French World Cup winner, Paul Pogba saw a penalty saved when Manchester United were held to a 1-1 draw by Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday night to close out Week 2 of the 2019/20 Premier League season.
Pogba’s effort from 12 yards was saved by Rui Patricio after the Frenchman had won the spot-kick by drawing a foul from Conor Coady. The score was level at the time thanks to Ruben Neves, who equalised for Wolves 10 minutes into the second half after Anthony Martial had given United an early lead.
Settling for a point means United missed the chance to go top, leaving the summit position belonging to the Red Devils’ rivals Liverpool. The leaders are level on points with Arsenal but boast a superior goal difference, an advantage last season’s runners up will hope to press home when they host the Gunners at Anfield this Saturday.
Week 3 Fixtures
Friday, August 23
- Aston Villa vs. Everton: 8 p.m. BST/3 p.m. ET
Saturday, August 24
- Norwich City vs. Chelsea: 12:30 p.m. BST/7:30 a.m. ET
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Southampton: 3 p.m. BST/10 a.m. ET
- Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace: 3 p.m BST/10 a.m. ET
- Sheffield United vs. Leicester City: 3 p.m. BST/10 a.m. ET
- Watford vs. West Ham United: 3 p.m. BST/10 a.m. ET
- Liverpool vs. Arsenal: 5:30 p.m. BST/12:30 p.m. ET
Sunday, August 25
- Bournemouth vs. Manchester City: 2 p.m. BST/9 a.m. ET
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United: 4:30 p.m. BST/11:30 a.m. ET
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Burnley: 4:30 p.m. BST/9 a.m. ET
Photo Credit: Getty