Police Arrest 22-Year Old Who Killed His Father In Abuja

The Abuja state police command has arrested a 22-year-old identified as Huzaifa Hussaini Usman for allegedly killing his own father. According to reports, the deceased, Alhaji Hussaini Usman, a businessman and contractor, was allegedly strangled to death in his residence at Abdulkareem Adisa Estate, Apo, Abuja on October 28.  With over a month of investigation on the case, Police investigators have reportedly concluded that the deceased’s last son, Huzaifa Hussaini Usman, was the main suspect in the murder. Initial report back on October 28 said armed robbers invaded the house of the deceased and strangled him. Daily Trust reported that a neighbour of the deceased was said to have explained that after the morning prayers, the people present at the mosque heard some noises coming from the deceased’s house and put a call across to him but that he didn’t answer.  They got access into the house after calling the wife of the deceased. “When they entered, they saw the dead body of Alhaji in the sitting room. Those that entered said they were suspicious because they knocked on the door severally and it took a long while before it was eventually opened. Huzaifa reportedly told people that he dragged his father’s corpse to the sitting room after he discovered that the assailants had left and his father was dead before he went to call his mother before they went to the mosque to call for assistance.The family source said this conflicting narrative led to further questions. “Huzaifa said they went to call people from the mosque but the people from the mosque said they actually went on their own to make enquiries in the house. These are a group of people, so we believe they cannot be lying.” He added that “on Huzaifa’s body, there were scratches that looked like finger scratches. So we were suspicious and asked how he came about the scratches since he earlier said the assailants asked him to face the wall.”  More suspicion grew when they discovered that Huzaifa did not accompany the corpse to the National Mosque. A request by police to conduct an autopsy on the corpse was rebuffed by his family members who insisted he should be buried immediately according to Islamic rites. two weeks after this, the police invited Huzaifa and has been in detention since then. A source who spoke said Huzaifa admitted that he gave money to someone to kill one Ismail but not his father. Spokesman of the FCT Police Command, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, while confirming the arrest, added that investigation had been concluded and a charge has been filed against the the son.  Photo Credit: Getty

Leave a Reply