Please Let Me Leave – Mauricio Pochettino To Paris Saint-Germain

Mauricio Pochettino has informed the Paris Saint-Germain president and sporting director that he wants to leave the club, according to reports in France, as he is continued to be linked with a return to former club Tottenham Hotspur.

French publication Liberation reports that Pochettino has asked to be released from his contract at PSG, which still has a year to run on it.
Read Also: Patrice Evra Mocks Pep Guardiola’s Man City After Their Champions League Final Defeat By Chelsea
The 49-year-old was only appointed as PSG manager in January, winning the Coupe de France and Trophee des Champions since then, but failing to win the Ligue 1 title. With speculation rife that Pochettino wants to take up his old job with Spurs, he has told club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and sporting director Leonardo that he wants to leave.

Despite the failure to win Ligue 1, PSG were keen to keep hold of Pochettino and avoid the tumult of appointing a new manager over a summer with many players competing at the European Championships.
Read Also: “I Am Very Happy In Paris” – Neymar Signs New £30m Per Season Contract At Paris Saint-Germain
However, with the manager announcing his desire to leave the club, it is difficult to see his reign continuing in the French capital.

There appears to be desire from both sides for Pochettino to return to Tottenham, but the north London side may not have it easy to get their man and it could be an expensive process.


This will seemingly have come as a surprise to Leonardo, who said only on Monday that he expects Pochettino to remain in charge.
Read Also: Tyson Fury Is Surrounded By 20 Yes Men And He Could Lose Against Deontay Wilder – Tyson Fury’s Dad John
‘Mauricio Pochettino has two years on his contract with PSG, and we are very happy,’ he told Europe1.
The Argentine is the bookmakers’ favourite to be the next Tottenham manager, odds-on with some bookmakers and comfortably ahead of the likes of Antonio Conte, Erik ten Hag and Roberto Martinez who are behind him in the betting.

READ:  Boy Who Suffered Genital Mutilation During Circumcision To Receive State-Sponsored Treatment

Photo Credit: Getty

Leave a Reply