Singer Tory Lanez has denied shooting Megan Thee Stallion in both feet after a party in the Hollywood Hills earlier this year.
The Canadian rapper’s lawyer Shawn Holley entered a not guilty plea on his behalfduring a hearing in Los Angeles on Wednesday. Neither musician was in court.
Holley said Lanez ‘strongly objects’ to the allegation he shot at Megan’s feet on July 12, wounding the 25-year-old and leaving her needing surgery.
Lanez – real name is Daystar Peterson – has been charged with one felony count each of assault with a semi-automatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.
He also faces a gun allegation and that he personally inflicted great bodily injury, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said.
Read Also: Oh la la!!! Rapper Megan The Stallion Shows Off Banging Bikini Body
At a hearing last month, Lanez was ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Megan, whose real name is Megan Pete.
Holley also raised a recent media interview given by Megan Thee Stallion, saying it could be ‘prejudicial’ to the case.
Prosecutors pointed to an Instagram Live video she said was posted by Lanez, saying it ‘implied certain things about the victim lying’.
Megan’s lawyers claimed the rapper has received threats as a result of the case, adding she fears for her safety.
Sitting at Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Centre, Judge Miguel Espinoza invited both sides to submit any questions before the next hearing on January 20.
Megan directly accused Lanez in August of shooting her the previous month, sharing an Instagram Live video and telling the rapper to ‘stop lying’.
She described the alleged shooting as ‘the worst experience of my life’ but said she felt fortunate not to be more seriously hurt.
She broke down while telling fans she had to undergo surgery to have bullets removed from her feet.
In a song released in September, Lanez denied shooting Megan Thee Stallion and suggested he had been framed.
Photo Credit: Getty