Ashley Weddington is a New York based style blogger and stylist that showcases fashion trends and styling techniques to help people stay stylish all year round. For her style and fashion is a means of expression and she hopes that her style will help other people stay confident and smart.
The gorgeous style blogger gets into a chit-chat with KOKOTV where she talks about her love for fashion, timeless pieces and her evolution from a label junkie to a lover of staple pieces. Ashley Weddington opens up on some of her favorite clothing brands and the guest she would love to have at her dream party and we can bet you would love to attend when you check out who is on the guest list.
- How would you describe your style?
Versatile, eye-catching, & on trend
- Who (and what) inspired your fashion style?
I’ve always just bought what I liked, but I guess certain celebrities and random girls I’d see on the street really owning their style inspired me as well.
- Who is your fashion, beauty and style icon?
Rihanna for fashion, Zendaya Coleman for beauty, & Bella Hadid for style
- What was your style like as a teen?
All about the LABELS!
- What’s your go to make-up trick?
Gently pressing my mascara on my bottom lashes to give the effect of a subtle smoky eye
- What brands you’d give your first-born to own?
DKNY or Calvin Klein; I feel like they’re timeless staples
- What is your make-up bag essential?
Anastasia Beverly Hills brow definer
- What’s your shoe of choice? Heels? Wedge? Platform? Flatties?
- You have the hardest time getting dressed for?
Work; I’m not a morning person
- What is your daily beauty regime?
Face wash, toner, face cream, make-up, setting spray
- What accessory is it that you cannot live without?
- How long do you spend doing your make-up yourself?
Anywhere from 25-40 minutes, depending on how much time I have
- On weekends, you’re most often spotted wearing?
Mom jeans, a slogan/band tee, & a heeled sandal. Or, whatever I’m shooting for my blog that day.
- Which living person do you most admire, and why?
Outside of my family, Michelle Obama is pretty iconic. She is the perfect example of strength, love, & grace.
- Where is your favourite under-the-radar place to shop?
My Mom’s closet, lol
- What’s the cheapest and most expensive thing in your make-up bag?
Cheapest= tweezers; Most expensive= foundation
- Is there anyone’s hair and make-up you admire?
Tracee Ellis Ross & Janelle Monae; they always look flawless!
- What was your most embarrassing fashion moment?
In college when I thought a crop top, denim cut-offs, thigh high socks, a beanie were a good idea
- Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Aaliyah, Tupac, Michelle Obama, Betty White, & Rihanna.
- Favourite perfume and make-up brand?
At the moment, Prada Candy & Makeup Forever
- Favourite way to travel?
Probably by plane
- Favourite clothing store?
- Lucky number and favourite colour?
18 & black
- What are your favourite sunglasses?
Currently my ombre Celine aviators
- What is your best style advice?
Don’t take fashion too seriously, it’s just clothes!
- Who is your favourite designer?
YSL or Alexander Wang
- What are your opinions on cosmetic surgery?
I’d say do whatever makes you happy and if you feel as though enhancing something will allow you to present your best self to the world; do it. However, I also think you should make sure that you are fully happy with the person you are on the INSIDE before deciding on any surgeries.
Photo Credit: Ashley Weddington