#Most Charitable Nigerian Celebrities… Generosity and benevolence isn’t an act or trait common to many be it a celebrity or not. People who have that natural human disposition to do good and give back to people around them is one trait and behaviour, highly exalted and that’s why fans of celebrities appreciate deeply and in high esteem when their faves are ones who love to give back and help those around him/her.
That said, there are certain Nigerian celebrities who have shown that they can go the extra mile to see that they help the less privileged, putting in quite a lot of effort to lift others around them.
READ ALSO: Beauty DIY: How To Use Turmeric On Face For Glowing Skin
It’s good to know that some celebrities out of their busy schedule still try to put a smile on people’s faces. Most of the charitable Nigerian celebrities are all females, but there are some male celebrities though who take the benevolent act seriously too, with one most recently completely shattering all of what we used to know of Nigerian celebrities charitable acts, or acts of benevolence or just putting it simply doings or giveaways.
We have tried taking into account the acts of benevolence and charitable acts carried out by the celebrities listed in this article over the course of just the last 3 years to rank the most charitable Nigerian celebrity;
The Dreamer Girl project builds libraries across primary schools in Nigeria and organises reading and literacy classes with organisations for the pupils. Dreamer Girl in 2013 successfully completed its first library at the Progressive high school in Surulere, Lagos.
9. Zubby Micheal: This Anambra-born actor might not be one very popular for his benevolent act but it was just recently revealed by himself that over the last 12-months he had spent a total sum of 102m as his tithe out of his total earnings for the last 12-months and that since he isn’t a religious person he gives out all of this money as charity to either his foundation or orphanages and through other means.
7. Waje: the singer whose real name is Aituaje Iruobe born on September 1, 1980, launched her non-profit organisation Waje’s Safe House in 2012 to provide support to women and children across Africa.
Apart from her musical career, Waje used her fame and money to put smiles on the face of people as she set up an NGO. The safe house’s first project was financial support to the children’s primary school in the impoverished slum town of Makoko in Lagos. Most recently, Waje’s Safe House partnered with women organisations in 3 cities in Nigeria to provide computer education and facilities to young and adult women.
6. DJ Cuppy: DJ Cuppy whose real name is Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola is the daughter of Nigerian businessman Femi Otedola.
DJ Cuppy has a foundation called Cuppy Foundation which helps in protecting and providing education to girls and persons with disabilities.
5. Iyabo Ojo: Iyabo Ojo’s foundation was formerly named Sexy Pinky Ladies in 2011 but she had to change the name following insinuations that female members of the body were lesbians. She has since changed the name to Pinkies Foundation.
READ ALSO: 10 Most Popular Female Skitmakers In Nigeria
3. Tonto Dikeh: Tonto Charity Dikeh who is a Nigerian actress, has a foundation called Tonto Dikeh Foundation which aimed to give a better life for all displaced and less privileged women, girls, youths and children in Africa.
Her charity organisation caters for abused women, unwanted pregnancies as a result of Molestation/Rape and motherless children all around the world. She teamed up with hospitals, clinics, different charity organizations, churches, mosques, well-meaning personalities in the society and government to save souls. She kick-started her charity tour visiting the SOS Orphanage Home, Kib Eastern Region, Accra, Ghana.
2. Davido: Nigeria’s very own OBO, David Adeleke is the Nigerian celebrity taking the giving back ideology to a completely new level and new heights. The singer most recently blew the minds of also all and every Nigerian after as he challenged all of his friends and associates to contribute a sum of N100m, for his birthday as a donation that he will spread and give to numerous orphanage homes across the country.
But in the end, the donation received was twice as much the 100m for demanded as Davido ended up receiving a total of over N200m in donation, and he added N50m personally making it a total of N251m that was raised and set to be shared amongst orphanage homes in the country.
This was done also as a birthday benevolent for his 29th birthday. However don’t get it wrong as Davido has always been known as a giver and this was his first, yeah maybe his biggest in public display yet. He has promised that next year will be way bigger we wait to see. Davido is the creator of the mantra #werisebyliftingothers.
READ ALSO: 10 Most Popular Male Skitmakers In Nigeria
Jude Odion Ighalo
Cubana ChiefPriest…..#10Most Charitable Nigerian Celebrities AND honourable mentions
Watch our trending video of the day below;
Photo Credit: Getty