Wednesday, January 26, 2022
spot_img

Man Utd Reject Sevilla Loan Bid For Anthony Martial, Warns Forward Won’t Leave On The Cheap

- Advertisement -

Anthony Martial’s suitors have been warned that the wantaway Manchester United striker will not be leaving Old Trafford on the cheap next month, according to reports.

United have rejected a loan bid from Sevilla for Martial in an offer that only covered half of his £200,000-a-week wages.

Read Also: “We Ran Out Of Steam Out There “- Harry Maguire Blames Covid Outbreak For Manchester United Sloppy Performance At Newcastle
Although sources at Old Trafford said a final decision had still to be taken over whether Martial will be allowed to leave in the winter window, it is thought likely that they will sanction his departure if their full demands are met.

Sevilla and any other interested parties have been told that United will only countenance Martial’s departure on loan if all of his wages are covered and a loan fee is paid.

Martial held talks with Ralf Rangnick, United’s interim manager, last week in which the player spelt out his desire to move on in search of regular football.

The 26 year-old – who joined United in 2015 – has made just two Premier League starts this season and has fallen way down the pecking order, despite the team’s struggle for goals.

Also Read:  Former Kaduna State Governor Balarabe Musa Is Dead

Read Also: Manchester United Website Crashes After Club Confirm Cristiano Ronaldo Transfer
United have failed to score more than once in seven of their last nine matches in all competitions and Monday’s dismal 1-1 at Newcastle meant they have managed just four goals in as many games since Rangnick took charge.

Martial – who is contracted to United until June 2024 with the option of another year – has returned to full training after injury but was left out of the squad against Newcastle. He has not featured since the 2-0 Champions League win away to Villarreal on Nov 23.

Rangnick understands Martial’s situation but was clear that he will not be permitted to leave unless United’s demands are met.


“We spoke at length,” Rangnick said of last Wednesday’s meeting with the striker at Carrington. “He explained to me he’s been at Manchester United now for the last seven years and he feels it’s the right time for a change, to go somewhere else.

“I think in a way this is understandable, I could follow his thoughts but, on the other hand, it’s also important to see the situation of the club. We have Covid times, we have three competitions in which we still have high ambitions and want to be as successful as we can be.

Also Read:  Eid al-Fitr: Shawwal Moon Not Sighted, Ramadan Continues Till Sunday - Sultan of Sokoto

“So far, as far as I know, there has been no offer from any other club and as long as this is the case he will stay.”

Photo Credit: Getty

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

13,000FansLike
21,100FollowersFollow
37,000SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles