Man United Dealt Transfer Blow As Dortmund Doubles Down And Insists Jadon Sancho ‘Will Stay’

DUESSELDORF, GERMANY - DECEMBER 18: Jadon Sancho of Borussia Dortmund warms up prior to the Bundesliga match between Fortuna Duesseldorf and Borussia Dortmund at Esprit-Arena on December 18, 2018 in Duesseldorf, Germany. (Photo by Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Manchester United have been dealt a new blow in their transfer pursuit of Jadon Sancho.


The Borussia Dortmund and England winger is believed to be at the top of United’s wishlist this transfer window.

And the dismal showing in the 3-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace at the weekend left many fans begging for new players.

Read Also: Manchester United Agrees ‘Personal Terms’ With Jadon Sancho Ahead of Transfer From Borussia Dortmund
But Sancho looks set to STAY in Germany according to Dortmund’s head of football Sebastian Kehl.

He told Ruhr Nachrichten: He [Jadon Sancho] is our player, and he will stay. It was an important statement from the club because we have a certain responsibility. Without Jadon this team is weaker.”

And Kehl isn’t the only member of Dortmund staff who are confident of Sancho staying.

Star striker Erling Haaland told Viaplay Football: “I think Sancho has been very good throughout the whole pre-season. He will be an important player for us this season.”

There were also hints from United’s CEO Ed Woodward that shelling out £108million for Sancho might be out of United’s reach.

He told United Review, the club’s matchday programme: “Disruption from the pandemic is continuing to create huge economic pressures from the top to the bottom of the football pyramid.

“And, while we are fortunate to be in a more resilient position than most clubs, we are not immune from the impact. Despite this, we are delighted to have brought in Donny van de Beek from Ajax, adding further quality to a midfield already strengthened by the recruitment of Bruno Fernandes in January.

“Both Donny and Bruno are players we had been tracking for some time. And their signings reflect our long-term approach to blending high-quality recruits with homegrown talent to develop a squad capable of winning trophies playing attacking, entertaining football.”

Jason SanchoUnited missed Borussia Dortmund’s deadline of August 10 to sign the 20-year-old former Manchester City youth star.

And it’s believed the two parties can’t agree a transfer fee despite United apparently striking personal terms with Sancho himself.

Sancho played 78 minutes of Dortmund’s 3-0 win against Borussia Monchengladbach in their Bundesliga opener.

He scored on his first appearance of the season in the German Cup in a 5-0 thrashing of Duisberg.

Photo Credit: Getty

Leave a Reply