Nothing beats the chilling feel of a cold drink as you gulp the contents of the cup down your throat. Those are moments truly worth living for. But according to Health and Nutrition experts Health Ambition, you could kill two birds with one stone next time and add more mileage to your life while gulping down the cold drink simply by making it a cup full of apple juice. Then you get even more of those moments to live for. Doubtful? Here are 9 ways a glass of apple juice can save your life.1. It helps clear your skin. Apple juice packs a big dose of vitamin C, a nutrient that has a endless array of benefits. One of these amazing benefits is collagen production and maintenance. Collagen is the protein that makes our skin supple and firm. In a world that sells creams, scrubs, lotions, and serums at every turn, make sure you’re doing your part to care for your skin from the inside out.
2. It Promotes Weight Loss. Drinking apple juice can be great for weight loss when done in moderation. While it’s definitely high in natural sugars and calories, it can benefit you greatly if you’re using it as a replacement for unhealthy sodas or snacks. Its natural sweetness will keep your sweet tooth at bay, and the fiber content can make you feel full longer.
3. It acts as a diuretic. A diuretic is a substance that helps your body shed water – in other words, anything that makes you pee more. If you’ve woken up swollen and bloated, you know how uncomfortable holding on to excess fluid can be. Apple juice is a natural diuretics, so they can help with this.4. It eases arthritis. Arthritis, which actually refers to list of over 100 different types of joint ailments, is a painful and debilitating disease that can significantly lower the quality of life for those affected. The most common symptom of arthritis is inflamed, swollen joints that make movement difficult and uncomfortable. Because apple juice is jam packed with antioxidants, it’s great for those suffering with arthritis. These antioxidants are anti-inflammatory. In other words, they combat the swelling, stiffness, and pain of arthritic joints. It’s crucial to juice your apples with the peel on to get the maximum benefit.
5. It prevents cancer. Quercetin, found in apples, has been found to inhibit the growth of many types of cancer cell, including breast, colon, prostate, ovarian, endometrial, and lung tumors. Juice your apples with the skin on to get the most quercetin in your juice.
6. It increases energy. If you are like most people, you can’t even think about the day ahead until you’ve had a cup of coffee (or three). You also probably hit a wall mid-afternoon when your caffeine kick has worn off too. Unlike the caffeine crash you get from coffee, drinking apple juice provides a stable release of energy. Fructose, the sugar in apple juice, metabolizes over a longer period of time, so your blood sugar level will stay steady. While coffee can stimulate you quickly, apple juice will provide continual energy and nutritional benefits that the empty calories in coffee cannot.7. It boosts oestrogen levels. Estrogen is a crucial female sex hormone that is responsible for menstruation, reproduction, and female features. Apples contain chemicals called phytoestrogens, which have been found to boost estrogen levels. Juicing a couple of apples will help to make sure your estrogen levels don’t dip.
8. It keeps your vision sharp. We’ve all heard the traditional knowledge that carrots can help keep your eyesight. However, apples shouldn’t be overlooked! The vitamin A content in apples can help not only keep your vision sharp, but also prevent certain ailments of the eyes.
9. It prevents osteoporosis. Apples are a great source of nutrients that are known to support bone strength. Apples are packed with minerals that help with bone growth and bone density.Credit: Health Ambition