Lagos Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To Three (photos)

The death toll from Friday’s building collapse at Ebute Meta, Lagos State, has increased to three with the recovery of the body of a 12-year-old boy.

Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, the territorial coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency, confirmed the figure to newsmen in Lagos.

KOKO TV NG earlier reported the recovery of the bodies of two adults—a male and a female—from the rubble of the two-storey building.

Farinloye had said that the building collapsed on Friday morning on Herbert Marculley Way, Ebute Meta.

READ ALSO: Awwwn! I Like Them Old Actress Peggy Ovire Says As She Spend Cute Moment With Frederick Leonard

He said that the Lagos Building Control Agency had issued an evacuation notice several times on the building, and all the original occupants had packed out.

“It was alleged that the property had been sold out about four months ago.

“Three of the occupants jumped to safety with the assistance of the residents,” Farinloye said.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Dunamis Pastor Dies In Church Building Collapse – [Photos]

He added that search and rescue operations were ongoing.

“According to accounts of residents, before the collapse, a dog, which the people in the collapsed building had been taking care of, got to the building and started barking in a sorrowful manner and refused to eat or enter the building.

“No sooner had the dog left than the building came down,” Farinloye said.

Trending Video Of The Day;

Photo Credit: Getty

Leave a Reply