Thursday, October 28, 2021
spot_img

“Kylian Mbappé Wants To Leave And We Will Not Stop Him” – PSG Confirms, Demands €220m From Real Madrid

- Advertisement -

Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has confirmed Kylian Mbappe wants to leave the club after Real Madrid submitted a transfer bid for the striker.

Los Blancos lodged a €160million (£137m) offer for the France international superstar this week and the Ligue 1 club have now issued a response to confirm the player wants the move.

Leonardo told French media outlet RMC Sport: “Kylian Mbappé wants to leave, that seems clear… If he wants to leave, we will not stop him, but on our terms.”

Read Also: Please Let Me Leave – Mauricio Pochettino To Paris Saint-Germain
The Brazilian then went on to declare that Madrid’s approach was “illegal, because they contacted the player” – hinting that the Spanish giants did not go through the official channels of contacting his club first.

Madrid may need to significantly increase their offer to PSG to secure the player this summer despite the fact he is out of contract next summer.

The magnitude of the fee would place the deal within the most expensive three transfer fees ever concluded – alongside the 2017 deals that took both Neymar and Mbappe to PSG.

Leonardo went on to say: “We have no plans to talk to Real Madrid again. The deadline is August 31 at midnight. This is how the transfer window is, for us we are clear: we keep him and we extend. But we’re not going to let him go for less than what we paid when we still owe Monaco money.”

Also Read:  I Am Also Pregnant - Tristan Thompson's Sidechick Reveal

Read Also: ‘Sell Me Now And Let Me Leave’ – Kylian Mbappe Tells PSG, As Real Madrid Prepare £102m Transfer Bid
When asked how he reacted to the offer, Leonardo told RMC Sport that: “We have not had much public communication on all that, but our position has always been to keep Kylian, to extend his contract, that has always been our aim and that is still the case.

“We made two significant offers to Kylian: one at the level of the top players in our squad two months ago and one above that of those players very recently. We want to prove to him that he is an important player, at the centre of our project, but not above the project.

“In terms of our position on Real, it seems like a strategy to try to get a no from us, to show that they have tried everything and to wait for a year to get him for free.

“For the last 2 years, Real Madrid have been behaving like this, it is not correct, illegal even because they contacted the player. It is unacceptable for us, because it is not correct.

“It is proof of the strategy: an offer comes 1 year before the end of his contract and 7 days before the end of the window. They want us to reject to show to Kylian that they tried everything and to start negotiating for next year.”

Also Read:  Lizzo Shares Steamy Photo To Celebrate Her Birthday

The Brazilian then confirmed the offer had been rejected: “Yes, we said no verbally. But we will not hold anyone back. If someone wants to leave and our conditions are met, we will see.

“But we have created a dream with our players this summer and we will not let anyone destroy it. We consider the offer to be very far from what Kylian represents today.

“We also owe part of this money to Monaco and we consider that the offer is not enough.

“I cannot confirm the numbers, but it is around that. It is less than what we paid for him. But it is above all the way in which Real Madrid have gone about it that we do not like.”

He then confirmed that the striker did indeed want to leave Paris: “Kylian wants to leave, that seems clear. If Real Madrid are making an offer, that seems clear…

“Me I am giving a position, that, I think, is clear for everyone. We cannot, the week before the end of the window, change our plans. If he wants to leave, we will not hold him back, but on our terms.

“With Kylian, I have spoken a lot, he has always said the same things to us. Kylian has always promised that he would not leave the club for free. That is always what he has said to us.”

Also Read:  Roman Goddess Apologises To Dino Melaye After Controversial Hotel Video

Leonardo then added they do not plan to speak to Real Madrid again, nor where they prepared to make a loss on the player whom they signed from Monaco in 2017 .

He said: “We have never opened the door to a departure. Never. People say that I want to sell and Nasser (the PSG president) does not, but Nasser and I think the same thing. We are on the same wavelength. We defend the club. Our aim, is to extend his contract and keep him. But if a player wants to leave, that is on our terms, that goes not only for Kylian, but for all the players.

“We do not plan to speak with Real Madrid again. The deadline is 31st August at midnight. That is how the transfer window works, for us it is clear: we keep him and we extend him. But we are not going to allow someone to leave for a fee of less than we paid for him when we still owe Monaco money.

“We are not preparing anything on the market at the moment. He has another year on his contract, we want to extend him. We have never thought about a Plan B. We have created a very positive atmosphere. We are not going to let anyone change that.”

Photo Credit: Getty

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

13,000FansLike
21,100FollowersFollow
37,000SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles