The AFCON 2019 starts later today in the city of Cairo, Egypt. Egypt the host nation would be taking on Zimbabwe in the opening match of the tournament later today by 20:00 GMT, 21:00 W.A.T.
While all of the serious business is gearing up we’ve decided to take a chilled look at some of Nigeria’s most stylish players, who always make a statement every time they step out, how bold they are with their fashion sense, do they go all out or are they more relaxed but still stylish to the core, so we’ve picked 5 young, vibrant and most importantly “stylish” Nigerian Footballers who’ve got the swag that compliment their footballing prowess who are currently at the AFCON in Egypt with coach Gernot Rohr, enjoy:
- Alex Iwobi:Just some days back Alex Iwobi was voted as the most popular Nigerian footballer he is very active on social media most especially Instagram. Iwobi has got a unique fashion sense always seen spotting a shoulder-length dreads and a wide smile. His fashion style is closer to the London city boy swag, some times quite edgy but still grounded like a good “Mummy’s Boy”. The Arsenal Midfielder is the Super Eagles Poster Boy.
- Victor Osimhen: The young Charleroi forward, and former African Youth player of the Year for U20, is an exciting prospect to watch out for at AFCON 2019. Osimhen puts you on the edge with his Pace, goalscoring and dribbling ability, Just as much as his fashion style, of course, he seems like he’s just young, dumb and free. He’s always seen spotting a Blonde hairstyle.
- Oghenekaro Etebo: Etebo plays for English 2nd division side Stoke city and was even voted as the best player in the team for the just completed EFL Season, Etebo has got swag both on and of the pitch he is a midfield enforcer with so much energy. Etebo has got the swag of a Lagos big boy every time he is seen off the pitch. Hopefully, he can bring all of that swag to the Nations Cup and help Nigeria win the trophy.
- Leon Balogun: Leon Balogun as forged a strong partnership in the Super Eagles defense along with Troost-Ekong both are referred to as the “Oyinbo Wall”, Leon Balogun as got a more relaxed fashion sense but definitely not shy. The Naija Oyinbo boy has a mixed fashion taste.
- William Troost-Ekong: Troost-Ekong is the other partner of the “Oyinbo Wall”, he is bolder and audacious with his own fashion style as compared to his defensive partner, who is more chilled about his own style, Well maybe that’s why there defensive pairing as clicked and performed well over the last 2years they’ve been together in the Super Eagles. Hopefully there outing together in Egypt would be a glorious one and bring back the trophy while keeping the Nigerian backline watertight. Photo Credit: Getty