Kevin Spacey’s ‘Sex Assault’ Victim Drops Lawsuit Against Hollywood Actor

The man that accused Kevin Spacey of sexually assaulting him in Massachusetts three years ago has dropped a civil lawsuit he filed last week against the former House of Cards star.

Kevin Spacey's 'Sex Assault' Victim Drops Lawsuit Against Hollywood Actor 1The alleged victim’s lawyer, Mitchell Garabedian, said on Friday his client had filed papers to voluntarily dismiss a lawsuit that accused Spacey of “explicit sexual behaviour and lewd and lascivious conduct.”

Mr Garabedian declined to comment further on the dismissal, citing the pending criminal case prosecutors filed last year against Spacey. The civil lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice, meaning his client cannot refile the case later.

Spacey, who won an Academy Award in 2000 for his role in “American Beauty,” has pleaded not guilty to one count of felony indecent assault and battery at a bar on the Massachusetts beach island of Nantucket. Spacey first became embroiled in controversy in October 2017 when actor Anthony Rapp accused him of trying to seduce him in 1986 when Mr Rapp was 14.

Kevin Spacey's 'Sex Assault' Victim Drops Lawsuit Against Hollywood Actor 2The controversy led to Spacey being dropped from the Netflix television series “House of Cards” and erased from the film “All the Money in the World.” Spacey, 59, apologised for inappropriate conduct with Mr Rapp.

Spacey is one of dozens of men in the entertainment industry, business and politics who have been accused of sexual misconduct following the emergence in 2017 of the #MeToo movement. The accuser told police Spacey had bought him several rounds of beer and whiskey at the Club Car Restaurant on Nantucket in July 2016 when he was 18 years old and said at one point, “Let’s get drunk,” according to charging documents. As they stood next to a piano, Spacey groped him, he told investigators.

Spacey’s lawyers have accused the man of deleting text messages that would support his defence. The judge overseeing his criminal case recently ordered Spacey’s accuser to provide his cellphone to the defence. But Mr Garabedian on June 19 told the court the accuser cannot find the phone. The judge has ordered the accuser, his parents and Mr Garabedian to attend a hearing on Monday if it cannot be found.

Kevin Spacey's 'Sex Assault' Victim Drops Lawsuit Against Hollywood Actor 3

Photo Credit: Getty

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here