When celebrity couples split or cheat, they make it hard for us all to understand – literally.
From one pair “consciously uncoupling”, to another reaching the “end of our rainbow”, they come up with all manner of nonsense to describe their break-ups.
It was left to The Matrix actress Jada Pinkett Smith to confuse us all recently as she admitted an “entanglement” with rapper August Alsina while she was separated from her Pursuit Of Happyness star husband Will.
Jada, now back with her hubby, coined the double-speak for her fling in a frank chat with Will on her Facebook show Red Table Talk, as he joked she needed to make herself clearer.
Here, we challenge you to guess which famous romantic partnerships these bizarre quotes come from.
1. Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow: The Sliding Doors of love closed on this marriage when the couple announced their “conscious uncoupling”.
2. Zoe Ball and Fatboy Slim: British Radio DJ seemed to be talking a load of Ball when she and her husband announced they had “come to the end of our rainbow”.3. Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux: Proving she is always keen to remain Friends, American actress revealed how her and her husband’s decision to separate had been “mutual and lovingly made”.
4. Katie Price and Kieran Hayler: Husband paid the Price when he cheated on the glamour girl in what she later described on social media as a “full-blown sexual affair”.
5. Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman: They made it a lot further than 50 First Dates but after splitting from her husband, the former child star of E.T. fame still managed to “find grace in the idea that life goes on”.6. Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: These two could no longer Garner each other’s romantic interest and told the world they would “go forward with love and friendship for one another”.
7. Simone Biles and Stacey Ervin Jr: Champion gymnast, as she split with her boyfriend to vault into single life, let it be known that it is “hard being young”.8. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale: There is No Doubt these two will “remain partners in parenthood” despite “no longer being partners in marriage”.Read Also: From Swinging To Affairs…Inside Will And Jada Smith’s Bizarre ‘Open’ Marriage
9. Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum: He is bringing Magic Mike pizzazz to co-parenting with his ex after they announced their “beautiful adventure” was taking them “on different paths”.
10. Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom: The Firework faded for this California Gurl and her bloke as their reps announced they were “taking respectful, loving space” apart – but happily they are now reunited, engaged and expecting a child.
11. Kylie Minogue and Joshua Sasse: Superstar singer no longer had quite as much Sasse about her as she finally got her partner out of her head, before confirming they “wish only the best for each other as we venture towards new horizons”.
12. Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber: Watts a break-up when this actress and her ex can Liev life to the full “exploring this new phase of our relationship”.
13. Fergie and Josh Duhamel: We Gotta Feeling this couple will have no problem remaining Peas in a pod – confirming after their split that they “are and will always be united”.
14. Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus: Their romance was hit by a Wrecking Ball before the Aussie actor hunk amused fans by signing off his split statement with “peace and love”.
15. Elizabeth Chambers and Armie Hammer: This actress quit the Armie when they announced they “decided to turn the page” on their marriage and “enter into this next chapter”.
Photo Credit: Getty