Chief Dr. (Mrs.) Winifred Adefolahan Awosika, OON, is an educationist. The first Chrisland School was founded on 3 October 1977 at Ikeja, Lagos. Below is all you need to know about the school, its founder, locations, teachers’ salaries, school fees, and the reason why the school is been shut down by the Lagos State Government.
Aside from the Ikeja campus, the school sites are now in Lekki, Ladipo Oluwole, Festac, Idimu, Victoria Garden City (VGC), and Abuja.
The school website is https://chrislandschools.org
READ ALSO: No Student Was R*ped And We Didn’t Conduct Pregnancy Tests On Any Student – Chrisland Schools Release Statement
Below are some notable alumni;
- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Nollywood actress.
- Kaffy born Kafayat Oluwatoyin Shafau is a Nigerian dancer, choreographer, dance instructor, and fitness coach.
- David Onyemata, defensive tackle with the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League.
- Somkele Iyamah also known as Somkele Iyamah-Idhalama, is a Nigerian TV and film actress and model.
- Israel Adesanya, mixed martial artist, current UFC Middleweight Champion.
Check out the various places where Chrisland Schools are located and their founding date;
- Chrisland School, Ladipo Oluwole – 3 October 1977
- Chrisland School, Opebi – 2 October 1978
- Chrisland College, Idimu – 27 February 1987
- Chrisland School, VGC – 5 October 1998
- Chrisland Nursery School, VGC – 5 October 1998
- Chrisland High School, VGC – 23 October 2006
- Chrisland High School, Ikeja – 15 September 2008
- Chrisland Pre-Degree College – 27 September 2010
- Chrisland School, Abuja – September 2014
- Chrisland High School, Abuja – 17 September 2015
- Chrisland High School, Lekki – 11 September 2017
On April 17, 2022, a ten-year-old pupil of Chrisland was reported to have been coerced into engaging in a sexual act with some students of the school at the World School Games in Dubai while performing a truth or dare game. The sexual act was filmed and distributed across multiple social media platforms in Nigeria. The school, in a letter dated April 14, 2022, accused the minor of participating in the sexual act willingly and therefore suspended her. The minor mother in a viral video on April 18, 2022, alleged that the school was threatened to kill the pupil if she speaks out. The mother insisted that her child was raped.
The news drew public uproar and the Lagos State Government in a statement on April 18, 2022, ordered the immediate closure of the school alongside all other annexes within the state. It also promised to take up the investigation and prosecution.
Trending video of the day;
Photo credit: Getty