Firefighters, on Wednesday, put off a fire incident that occurred in a five-bedroom duplex in Agu-Aba layout, Mopol Base, Agu Awka, Anambra State.
One of the rooms in the building was said to have been completely burnt with property lost to the inferno.
The state fire chief, Engr. Martin Agbili confirmed that the fire was caused by a power surge. He added that no lives were lost in the incident.
Agbili noted that the state’s firefighters were quick to respond to the distress call, and succeeded in preventing the fire from spreading to other rooms and nearby buildings.
Agbili said, “At about 1956hrs (7.56 pm) of Wednesday, 27-09-2023, Anambra State Fire Service received a distress call of a fire in a residential home at No. 10, Uche Mmaduabuchi Agu-Aba layout off Mopol Base, Agu Awka.
“Immediately, our fire truck and diligent firefighters were deployed to the scene of the fire for its extinguishment. The fire was fought, controlled and extinguished.
“The cause of the fire was a power surge and there was no record of any casualty or loss of life.”
READ ALSO: Onitsha Market Leader Abducted By Gunmen
The fire judge stated, “A room in a five-bedroom duplex was completely burnt, but we were able to control the fire from spreading to the other rooms and saved the building and other nearby buildings.
“We withdrew from the fire scene back to our fire station at about 21:57hrs (9.57 pm).”
Trending video of the day:
Photo credit: Getty