Hello! So, you just got your dream job or internship, an you’re confused on how to appear on your first day on the job? Don’t you worry, we’ve put together outfit ideas that you can get some inspiration from.
But, firstly, put aside that funny looking suit pants you wore for your interview and relax.
1. Intern: As an intern, you need to understand that you’re not yet on the staff list of the company you’re working in yet, so you have to appear smart and contained. Wearing heels would be quite impractical. An outfit that is smart,fitted and accessorised with statement earrings, or light neck chain won’t do you wrong.
2. Corporate World: You have to dress like the mogul that you truly are. A fitted dress, a pair of intimidating pumps and a leather bag would give you the look of that confident woman that you are.
3. Education: A lot of times, teachers feel less need to appear stylish to work. You can change the game by appearing formal, yet stylish. A fitted neutral coloured bell skirt, a bright fitted blouse, a pair of court shoes or wedges and a black bag will pull the stylish look off.
4. Techy: Firstly, programmers and app developers mostly have their face glued to their computer always, so you definitely need a pair of spectacles that the frames came in bold colours. Also, your outfits need to be comfortable like a pair of denim trousers, a blazer and a t-shirt; a pair of loafers or sneakers are also very comfy.
5. Medicine Practitioner: We’re used to seeing people in the medical line in lab coats. Also, there’s a strict dress code for them. You can do well in a wrap dress in print design and a pair of flats or court shoes.
6. Fashion And Creatives: People in this category are both creatives, and they like to play around with colours, designs, prints etc. You can also be free-spirited on your first day at work and play around with colours, prints, trends etc.
Photo Credit: Getty Images