Otunba Segun Adewale has been declared as the Action Democratic Party (ADP) flagbearer ahead of the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State.
Adewale polled 96% of all the votes casted at various wards across the 16 local government in Ekiti state to win the primary conducted in line with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and that of the ADP. He will compete with incumbent Deputy Governor Kolapo Olusola of PDP, and APC’s Kayode Fayemi in the election on July 14 in Ekiti State. Adewale while addressing a press conference after the party primary said he was concerned about the sufferings of the people and this drives him to work harder in order to bring succour to the people.
In his address, he highlighted a seven-point agenda where he promises to focus on and this include but not limited to the following areas;
1. Offset all outstanding payments owed by the state government. He has made a promise to the civil servants that he will clear all the outstanding salaries of workers and that of pensioners within his first 6 months.
2. Fix power within the state to re-invent the business environment. He said Ekiti is not a business friendly state due to lack of electricity as clearly seen in some communities such as Gboyin, Ikogosi, etc that have been without power for the past four years.
Adewale has promised to fix the power as a matter of urgency giving a 3 months timeline to restore electricity to affected communities. He also said that he will generate 10 megawatts in each of the 3 senatorial districts of the state.
3. He has said that he will re-invite all the businesses that have left Ekiti due to high charges or political considerations and immediately restore their confidence in the state. This he said will start bringing back the jobs.
4. He has said that he will make the state a medicare destination by building specialized hospitals that will cater for the health needs of Nigerians and generate revenue for the state including providing health care solutions for the people of Ekiti at subsidized rates.
5. To bring back the factories to Ekiti and get the state running again in terms of investment and industry. He says that agriculture will be that raw material that powers this sector. In addition, he says that “Igbimo rice” will become a sensation all over Africa and the world.
6. To create vocational centers that will be situated in the 3 senatorial districts where residents can acquire skills in the various fields of their choosing and then be supported by the government through soft loans for start up.
7. Reposition the state’s educational sector to regain its rightful place as the number one state in intellectualism in Nigeria. He promises to make the education in the state productive and geared towards innovation for the people.
Adewale has charged Ekiti people to vote massively for his party, the Action Democratic Party (ADP) at the polls to bring about a paradigm shift in the governing and running of the state.
Photo Credit: OSAM