David Adeleke more popularly known by his stage name Davido is obviously one of the richest musicians in Nigeria, as much as one of the most successful and most popular.
READ ALSO: Burna Boy: The True African Giant, Biography, Awards, Achievement, Networth
Davido was born David Adeleke, 21st of November 1992 in Atlanta, the United States of America to one of the wealthiest family in Nigeria of Dr Adedeji Adeleke and his wife Veronica Adeleke, a co-founder of the Adeleke University in Osun state and the CEO of Pacific Holdings Limited.
He attended British International School in Lagos and at the age of 16, he moved to Alabama, US, to study business administration at Oakwood University.
Davido bought musical equipment while at Oakwood and started making beats. He also worked with his cousins B-Red and Sina Rambo to form the music act KB International.
Davido dropped out of Oakwood University to pursue music full-time and relocated to London, where he worked on his vocals.
After returning to Nigeria in 2011, Davido paused his music career and agreed to honour his father by enrolling at Babcock University.
In July 2015, he graduated with a second class upper from Babcock with a degree in music after his father paid the university to start a music department for an inaugural class of one student.
Davido Music Career And Record Label
Davido dropped his studio debut single in 2011, with the hit “Back When” before following it up with “Dami Duro” which was produced by Shizzi.
READ ALSO: 63rd Grammy Awards: Burna Boy And Wizkid Win Big At Ceremony
It was with Dami Duro Davido full announced himself on the Nigerian music scene, as the song went on to enjoy massive airplay across the country. The OBO went on to release his studio debut album July 17, 2012, titled Omo Baba Olowo (OBO) under the HKN Music Record label run by his older brother Adewale Adeleke.
It took the DMW boss another 8-years after his debut album to go on and drop his second studio album in 2019, titled “A Good Time”, while in 2020 amidst the COVID-19 global pandemic he dropped his third studio album titled “A Better Time”
The Album since its release last year has gone to achieve over 100 million streams on digital platforms.
Davido is currently signed onto his own record label, self-named Davido Music Worldwide (DMW).
He launched label in 2016 after he had signed up with Sony music inc. to distribute his music catalogues and songs on the international market.
The label currently houses artiste such as Dremo, Mayorkun, Yonda, Peruzzi, Idowest, May D and Liya all signed onto it as of February 2021.
Davido has two mansions in Lagos Nigeria, one of them is located in Lekki, Lagos, while his second mansion is located in Banana Island worth N800 millionaire.
And a getaway mansion in Georgia, USA. Davido’s car collection is dazzling with:
- Rolls Royce Cullinan 2019 (~₦350 million)
- Bentley Bentayga (₦108 million)
- Bentley Continental GT (~₦95 million)
- Porsche Panamera Turbo S (~₦22.8 million)
- Range Rover Sports (₦84 million – ₦90 million)
- Range Rover SV Autobiography (₦98 million)
- Chevrolet Camaro GS (₦9.4 million)
- Audi R8 (₦23.4 million)
- Audi Q7 (₦12 million)
- Mercedes-AMG GLS63 (~₦45 million)
- Mercedes G-Wagon (~₦21 million)
- Toyota Land Cruiser (~₦30 million) several cars like a Porsche, Range Rover Sport and Chevrolet Camaro.
Davido Music Awards and Recognitions
- Best Newcomer Award, Kora Awards, 2012
- Best International Act: Africa, BET Awards, 2014
- Promising Youth Artist, Dynamix All Youth, 2011
- Best Male West African, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Artists of the Year, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Best Male Artiste of the Year, MTV Africa Music Awards, 2014
- African Artiste of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2014
- Musician of the Year (Male), City People Entertainments Awards, 2014
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2018
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2014
- Hip Hop World Revelation, The Headies, 2013
- Next Rated, The Headies, 2012
- Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2012
Davido Net Worth 2021 (Forbes)
Davido net worth in 2021 according to Forbes is estimated at $25 million dollars, making him the second richest musician and artist in Nigeria. The major source of his income comes from his hit songs and albums.
While also making millions of dollars from his music videos as he is the only Nigerian artist with over 750 million Youtube video views.
Other sources of his wealth come from endorsement deals which include the likes of MTN, Guinness Nigeria, and Infinix mobile.
Relationships and Personal Life
Who is Davido dating?
Davido is currently engaged to his fiancée, Chioma Avril Rowland, who is the mother of his first son Ifeanyi Adeleke, who was born in 2020 the two celebrity couples made their relationship public on April 24th, 2018 which was also Chioma’s Birthday.
Davido also released a single in 2018 titled “Assurance”, a song he dedicated to his then-girlfriend and now Fiancee and Babymama.
But Davido has two other pronounced babymamas, Sophia Momodu who is the mother of his first child Imade Adeleke who born in 2015.
While his second baby mama is Amanda, who is based in Atlanta, USA. They have a child together named Hailey Adeleke.
Ayotomide Labinjo according to reports, dated Davido way before he became a music superstar. They have a child, Mitchell Anu Adeleke.
It is also recently alleged that Davido is currently dating an American-Trinidad bisexual model and show host Mya Yafaii
Summary of Davido Net Worth 2021, Biography, Relationships and Music Career
- Name: David Adeleke
- Best Known As Davido, OBO Baddest
- Age: he is currently 28 years old
- D.O.B: November 21, 1992
- Up Time: 2011 till date.
- Nationality: Nigerian
- State: Osun State
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter, and record producer
- Net Worth: $25 million dollars
- Record Label: CEO @ DMW Records,
- Board Member: Pacific Holdings Limited
View this post on Instagram
Photo Credit: Getty