Chelsea Midfielder Cesc Fabregas Completes Move To Monaco

Spain international Cesc Fabregas has moved from Chelsea to Monaco after signing a three-and-a-half year contract. Fabregas arrival was confirmed by the Ligue 1 strugglers and Fabregas said: “It is a great pleasure to join AS Monaco, a new project for me. The group is of quality with young players and a young coach. I’m here to help the team, I’m looking forward to starting, we have a great match to play in Marseille on Sunday. I am very excited.”Vadim Vasilyev, Vice President and General Manager AS Monaco, added: “We are very pleased to welcome to AS Monaco Cesc Fabregas, a world-class player and a great professional, whose arrival demonstrates the ambition of the club. This is obviously a very good technical reinforcement for the team but we are convinced that his experience at the highest level will bring a lot to our players on and off the field.” The 31-year-old said goodbye to English football on Saturday after 501 appearances in Chelsea’s 2-0 FA Cup win over Nottingham Forest at Stamford Bridge. Fabregas joined Chelsea from Barcelona in 2014 and went on to help the Blues lift the Premier League title twice and also lifted the FA Cup last summer. He had previously played over 300 matches for Arsenal before heading back to his homeland and the Nou Camp in 2011.Photo Credit: Getty

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here