Monday, July 4, 2022
spot_img

CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele Has Not Submitted Presidential Form – APC Confirms, Names Two Other Aspirants Who Pulled Out

- Advertisement -

The All Progressives Congress, APC has released names of three presidential aspirants who didn’t submit their presidential nomination and expression of interest forms.

According to the party, it verified around 25 forms which had been submitted.

Barr. Felix Morka, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, announced on Wednesday that 25 applications had been filled up and filed.

Read Also: If Buhari Wanted To Make You President, Why Did He Ask Osinbajo, Fayemi And Other Yoruba Men To Contest Against You? – Ayo Adebanjo Warns Bola Tinubu Not To Believe Buhari
According to him, the Ministers of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, and Timipreye Sylva, Minister of Petroleum for State, did not submit their forms.

“For some of them, it’s a bit iffy. What I have this time, we’ve 28 who purchased form and at the last count, we have 25 who made submission.

“But three of them did not. They’re Senator Chris Ngige, Godwin Emefiele and then we have Timipre Sylva,” he said.

This might imply that presidential forms purchased for former President Goodluck Jonathan and African Development Bank CEO Akinwumi Adesina were really filed.

Also Read:  Akuapem Poloo Arrested By The Police For Posing Nude With Her Son

Read Also: 2023: “Of All The Aspirants So Far, Atiku Abubakar Is The Best” – Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku, Hails Peter Obi’s Achievements
Adesina, the president of the African Development Bank, has denied running for president.

This came after a consortium of 28 organizations purchased and filed the APC’s nomination and expression of interest forms on behalf of Adesina.

Though Adesina stated in a statement on Tuesday that he is not running for president, it is unclear if people who purchased the forms are able to fill them out and submit them on their own.

Outbrain Advertisements

There are speculations that the APC postponed the screening of its presidential aspirants to May 23 to allow Jonathan and others to submit their nomination forms, but the party’s mouthpiece could confirm that all forms, including that of Jonathan, have been submitted except three.

Former President of Nigeria, Jonathan had said he didn’t authorize the APC presidential nomination form purchased for him by the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders’ Association.

The former President, through a statement issued in Abuja by his spokesman, Ikechukwu Eze, said he had no link to the northern coalition that purchased the form.

Also Read:  I Am Disappointed In The Police- Illbliss Reacts To The Murder Charge On Clarence Peters

He admonished those behind the charade to desist from further defacing his name and urged Nigerians to disregard it.

But barely 48 hours after dissociating himself from moves by some groups to draft him into the 2023 presidential race, Jonathan reportedly joined the APC in Bayelsa and finally made up his mind to vie for the top post.

Photo Credit: Getty

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

13,000FansLike
21,100FollowersFollow
37,000SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles