Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of retired Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, as Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Nigeria Police Trust Fund.
This was disclosed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday.
He said that the appointment was in view of the Nigeria Police Trust Fund Establishment Act 2019.
He said “The above appointments are in furtherance of the Buhari administration’s commitment and drive to retooling Policing Architecture in the country by emplacing the Police Trust Fund to meet the aspiration of a well-funded, equipped and highly professional Nigeria Police Force in line with international best practices.
“This objective informed President Buhari’s re-establishment of the Ministry of Police Affairs on August 20, 2019.’’Read more: You Electing Buhari As President Doesn’t Mean You Can Order Him Around – Femi Adesina
President Buhari also approved the appointments of the following as Executive Secretary and members of the Board respectively:
- Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto – Executive Secretary
- Mr Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri – Representing Ministry of Police Affairs
- Inspector-General of Police – Representing Nigeria Police Force
- Usman Bilkisu – Representing Ministry of Justice
- Mr Ben Akabueze (DG, Budget and National Planning) – Representing Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning
- Engr. Mansur Ahmed – Representing Organised Labour
- Dr Michael Bamidele Adebiyi – Representing Civil Society GroupPhoto Credit: Getty