BEDC Staff Gets Electrocuted In Edo State

A yet-to-be-identified staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) was yesterday electrocuted within the premises of Ekehuan Campus of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) in Edo State.

In a video that went viral yesterday morning, the man, who wore electrical safety clothing, with the Inscription BEDC on it, was seen at the top end of an electrical pole close to the institution’s gate, apparently trying to fix power problem in the axis.

READ ALSO: IBEDC Reveals Reason Behind Darkness In Osun Communities

Eyewitnesses said the man was held up on the pole and before they could turn off the transformer, he was electrocuted. As at the time of filing this report, the state of the victim’s health was yet to be ascertained.
When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Evelyn Gbiwen, said she heard that somebody was electrocuted, but was yet to receive the report.
 “I know that something like that happened but, I have not gotten the report, when I get the report I will push it out,” she said.
Trending video of the day;
Photo Credit: Getty

Leave a Reply