Hey there KOKOBeauty! It is another beautiful Thursday for everything beauty and beautiful, and today, we will be sharing some quick secrets behind the glowing skin you desire to have.
No doubt, everyone wants to have the shinny glowing, glossy and brilliant skin, from head to toe. So here, we are sharing with you some uncommon secrets you need to jump on to have your desired skin.
- Exfoliate regularly: it has been discovered that the specks of dust, product build-up and dead skin cells on the skin are the first enemies to having a glowing skin. They make your skin feel rough and your complexion look uneven and dreary. The solution to keeping these out of your way is regular exfoliation. Exfoliation helps to shed the dead layers on the skin layer, clears out dirt and oil and clogged pores, giving you spotless skin. It also improves the skin health and opens the pores so that any formulation you will be using on the skin. Exfoliate according to your skin’s requirement – twice a week if you have oily or combination skin, and once a week for dry, sensitive or normal skin. Check out some efficient masks you can try out.
- The Vitamin C way: Vitamin C (also known as L-ascorbic acid) is an essential ingredient needed to produce collagen in the skin. It promotes and stimulates the skin’s natural collagen production, helping to clarify, firm and brighten the complexion. Also helps to prevent and treat pigmentation. You may apply 1-2 Vitamin C capsules daily and watch your skin change and bring out glow in all its shades of stunningness. You can buy Vitamin C serums, Vitamin C Moisturizers or Vitamin C powders and apply to your skin directly. You may add some drop of the serum in your lotions or sunscreens, before foundation and makeup in the morning or into your favourite moisturizer for the best anti-aging, brightening, firming boost around.
- Take short showers regularly: Did you know your shower time can really help in achieving healthy, radiant skin? Well, if you didn’t, that’s why we call these all secrets. Being in the shower for too long isn’t doing any good to your skin. Long and steamy showers strip off the natural (protective) oils from the skin, making it dry and dull. Keep your shower time to a maximum of 10-12 minutes and take colder or lukewarm water rather than hot. Also, apply a face moisturiser while your skin is damp so that it locks in the moisture. This way, your skin doesn’t lose any moisture and is healthy and glowing when you step out of the shower.
- What you should eat: Good food with enough Vitamin C. Berries, Fruits, Vegetables, Cacao, Almonds, Sunflower seeds, Spinach, Avocado, Sweet potato, Wheat germ, Dark leafy greens, Hazelnuts, Carrot, Squash, Pumpkin, Red pepper, Apricot, Mango, Tomato, Peach, Whole grains, Beans, Legumes, Nutritional yeast, Broccoli, Green beans and Watermelon are some recommended easy-to-get fruits and vegetables rich in the needed nutrient.
- Essential Oils: endeavour to use essential oils every night! While you are sleeping, your skin is at work, healing and repairing itself and this is the very best time to pamper it. Doing this will brighten your skin complexion, improve elasticity, help you attain a healthy glow on your skin amd make you wake up to fresh and glowing skin the next morning. Your night time skincare routine must involve a face oil or serum that hydrates your skin from within and lends a glow to your dull skin. You can also use coconut oil or any essential oil in massaging your skin in an upward circular motion.