Hey there KOKO Beauties. Trust you are set for today’s beauty tips on face masks. Before we go ahead, we will like to know how it has been so far. Ensure you get into the comment box and let us know which of the tips you have tried and the effects since you started. If you have not tried out any, what is the showstopper? Let’s know.
So today, we will be looking some face masks that will help you achieve the perfect face skin, free from acne and pimples – JUST FRESH! You will agree that everyone desires that perfect face but one thing or the other will not just allow. For some, it might be wrinkles while for others, it might be acne or pimples.
Despite all of these, however, there is no need to bother. There are varieties of ways to attain the wanted goal, simply with a few ingredients found in your kitchen and your commitment, yeah, commitment and determination to stay true to the application.
So here we go with five great face masks to help clear up even the worst outbreaks on your face and keep them away for good, giving you that great skin you desire.
- Oatmeal and Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties, so it’s an ideal choice for the face. The oatmeal, on the other hand, has great soothing and pH-balancing power and the combo of these two will give you a perfect clear skin. Scoop 3 tablespoons of oatmeal into a mixing bowl, add ¼ cup of warm water and mix until you have a paste. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix well. Wash your face and neck with warm water, cleanse with an oil-free cleanser, apply the mixture, extending it to your neck and leave for 15minutes. After then, massage your face gently in circular motions for another 2 minutes to remove dead skin cells, that may clog your pores. Rinse the mask off with cool or lukewarm water thereafter and pat your skin dry with a soft, clean towel.
- Honey, Oatmeal and Whole Milk: Honey is a natural nourishing agent that helps to keep the skin moistured, which prevents the body from producing excess oil. Oats are beneficial for acne-prone skin too. They contain properties that will help keep your skin clear and healthy. Add to that the skin-tightening lactic acid in whole milk, and you’ve got a great recipe for all your acne-prevention needs.
Blend 3 tablespoons of dried oats into a blender, add 1 tablespoon of whole milk and mix until you’ve made a paste. Add 1 tablespoon of organic honey. Scoop out the mixture from the blender, wash and cleanse your face as in the oatmeal and coconut oil instructions above and apply the mixture on your face. Leave to dry for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water and then with cool water. Pat dry with a soft towel and ensure you repeat the process regularly till you get the desired result.
- Baking Soda And Coconut Oli: Baking soda is one of the most versatile cleaning agents you can have in your home, working perfectly for dishes, teeth and now the skin. It is also a natural exfoliant and can also help keep the skin’s pH levels balanced. Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl, then stir together to make a smooth paste. You may add more baking soda one pinch at a time until the paste becomes thick and smooth. Apply the mixture and leave for 15 minutes. Gently massage the skin for 2 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Rinse a second time with cool water to close your pores and pat dry the skin.
- Aloe Vera and Tumeric: Aloe is a natural calming ingredient that is helpful if the face is very inflamed and irritated. Blend aloe vera and powdered turmeric together, apply the mixture on your face and leave for 15–20 minutes. This helps to control oil on the face and works well for sensitive skin. A study also revealed that drinking aloe vera juice may also help to improve mild-to-moderate acne.
- Tumeric and Honey: Mix 1/2 teaspoon of powdered turmeric with 1 tablespoon of honey till you get a paste. Apply on the already washed face and neck and leave to dry for about 10 to 15 minutes. This helps to soothe the skin and prevent future outbreaks.
Aloe Vera and Tomato Juice: 2 tablespoons of tomato juice and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel is the next great trick you can easily come up with for that perfect face. Mix both ingredients well in a bowl and apply. Leave on to dry for 15 minutes then rinse twice, first with lukewarm water then with cold water. Pat your face dry with a soft, clean towel.
READ ALSO: Ewedu Wonder! 5 Unbelievable Benefits You Will Derive From Eating Ewedu
Oatmeal: Boil oats with water, as you normally would for breakfast (do not add sugar) and allow the mixture to cool completely. Apply to the thoroughly cleansed face and neck, and leave to dry. Rinse off with cold water. You really can’t go wrong when using oatmeal as face masks or for skin issues. A few drops of tea tree oil or turmeric is also recommended for compound results.
Note: To get desired results from these face masks, make sure your skin is cleansed well and free from any oil particles before applying these mixtures. This means you have to first wash your face then cleanse it with an oil-free cleanser. This helps to open your pores to suck in the contents and necessary nutrients from the ingredients. Then after the application, ensure you pat dry your face with a clean soft towel and not scrub with a hard or dirty one. The slightest dirt may reduce the chances of having your perfect face.
Don’t forget to comment the progress you have made so far in the comment box below, see you next Thursday when we bring you more tips. Till then, stay cool, fresh and beautiful as ever.