Hi KOKOBeauties, trust you did not miss us too much last week. Well, it is simply because of a tweak in our schedule which now brings the KOKOBeauty segment to you every Monday, in the stead of Thursdays. We apologise if we disappointed you… Now that you get our beauty tips every Monday, we are starting up with your hair.
Meanwhile, what was your experience with the 7 Beauty Magics You Can Perform With Tomatoes? If you have not tried them out, you really need to. You will be amazed, the way our KOKOnistas here are. Back to today’s topic, we know you also long for that long, full, shiny and healthy hair, every lady of course does. So we have collated for you below, 10 simple everyday tips for your hair to grow faster, longer, healthier and shinier.
- Eat healthy and balanced: it is true that you are what you eat and it applies to your hair too. Nutrients in the food we eat do not only work for the skin or eyes or bodyweight alone. They work for all parts of the body, nails and feet sole inclusive, and that also applies to your hair. Hair is mostly made up of protein, and so, it requires protein to keep it shining. A well-balanced diet high in protein, vitamins, and minerals is essential for the hair to grow faster and healthier.
- Massage the scalp and exercise often: what the massage and exercise do for you is that they help blood circulate well to every part of your body, your head inclusive. This helps to supply the hair follicles with the necessary nutrients and oxygen they need to grow. Massage also mobilizes oils from the scalp to strengthen the roots of the hair and keep it moist.
- Trim regularly: In the quest to have long hair, many ladies do not want to trim their hair for the fear of the hair appearing shorter. As the hair grows, however, it usually has split ends and weaker ends that will eventually lead to hair thinning and breaking. So, a visit to the stylist to trim your hair once in 3months is not a bad idea.
- Don’t wash too often: Yes, it is good to wash the hair to remove specks of dirt and whatever smell that may be oozing out of your scalp, but then washing the hair too often is damaging! Washing your hair every day, especially with shampoo causes it to dry out and lose most of its natural essential oils. which ought to keep hair moist and make it grow long. It is great to keep a routine of washing the hair once or twice a week max. On one of the days you have to wash, ensure you use chemical-free shampoos that are enriched with hair-lengthening ingredients, help in the effective cleaning of hair while also keeping the tresses healthy and long. Don’t forget to massage the scalp gently and properly. Likewise, don’t brushe the hair too often. It strains the hair and makes it lose firmness and before you know it, they become too weak and break off.
- Reduce your stress level: Stress has a lot of effects on the body and the hair is not excluded. High-stress causes hair fall, makes the hair lose its density and volume and makes it look dull and malnourished. Ensure you have time to rest well and avoid being stressed/overstressed.
- Disinfect the hair: some microorganisms in the scalp may lead to infection, thereby weakening the hair follicles, damaging the hair strands and making the hair unhealthy. They may cause scalp diseases like seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema, which impede hair growth. Using antimicrobial products, clinical treatments, and proper medication helps to promote healthy and quicker hair growth.
- Use natural treatments: Hair growth and hair-boosting products such as cream, oils and treatments are all made for your hair to grow faster. You, however, need to opt for the natural ones. Homemade treatments can go a long way (watch this space next week, we sure will bring you some of these homemade solutions). You can also use a variety of supplements like biotin and multivitamin tablets that are best suited for women aspiring for long and strong hair. These enhancements will help boost hair growth, ensuring your hair gets all the right vitamins and minerals that your diet may lack.
- Switch your pillow and change your pillowcase often: Yes, your pillows play a big role too. You rest your head on them, isn’t it? Exactly, so they are part of the instruments that make your tresses grow faster and healthier or not. Pillows can harbor bacteria from sweat and other sources and if not changed on a regular basis, may impede hair growth. Also, it’s advisable to switch from regular cotton pillow covers to silk covers as silk is smoother and causes less friction. This means you will wake up with fewer tangles.
- Protect your hair: yes, keep your hair safe from heat, dust and too much sun. All of these strip your hair of moisture and eventually make it dry, which is not good if you want the hair to grow well. Using a scarf, hat or other head covers is not a bad idea. Despite this though, ensure your hair gets enough fresh air as oxygen is needed to clean the scalp, nourish the hair, revitalise weak hair damaged from bleaching, perms, dyes and create conditions for brighter, stronger and thicker tresses.
- Avoid these!:: avoid using rubber bands or making tight hairstyles. They make the hair weak and prone to breaking. Don’t wash or rinse with hot water and likewise do not brush wet hair. Most hair colours contain ammonia, an industrial bleaching agent that dries and damages the tresses, avoid them.