Monday, July 4, 2022
spot_img

Anthony Joshua Ordered To Fight Oleksandr Usyk After Tyson Fury Bout Collapsed

- Advertisement -

The WBO have ordered Anthony Joshua to defend his championship crown against mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk or else he could be stripped of the title.

Joshua and Ukrainian heavyweight rival Usyk have been given ten days to reach an agreement before purse bids are ordered.

Read Also: “Tyson Fury Is A Fraud, You Lied To The Fans And Used My Name For Clout Not A Fight” – Anthony Joshua Blows Hot
It comes after Joshua’s proposed bout with fellow Brit Tyson Fury – which had looked set to take place in Saudi Arabia on August 14 – collapsed earlier this week.

The WBA, IBF and WBO champion had been told he had 48 hours to save his showdown with Fury on Wednesday, with his promoter, Eddie Hearn, desperately trying to salvage the situation and working on a contingency plan.

But the pair’s undisputed title fight appears dead in the water after an arbitration court ruled that Fury must fulfil a contractual obligation by fighting Deontay Wilder for a third time later this year.
Read Also: I Will Crack Your Skull Wide Open – Tyson Fury Tells Deontay Wilder After Agreeing July 24 Trilogy
It’s understood the Bronze Bomber has refused to accept a large fee to step aside which may have allowed Fury to take on Joshua.

Also Read:  Nigerian Lawmaker's Son Abraham Badru Was Killed For Stopping A Gang Rape

‘Tyson Fury… the world now sees you for the fraud you are,’ a furious Joshua posted on social media ahead of Fury and Wilder’s proposed trilogy fight.


‘You’ve let boxing down. You lied to the fans and led them on. Used my name for clout not a fight. Bring me any championship fighter who can handle their business correctly.’

Usyk’s promoter, Alexander Krassyuk, had this week confirmed the former cruiserweight champion was in discussions to take on Joshua at Wembley in August.

Outbrain Advertisements

Read Also: “This Fight Is 100%” – Tyson Fury Announces Anthony Joshua Fight Is Confirmed For August 14 In Saudi Arabia
‘We never had any bad relations with Eddie. So we’ve been in touch before and we are in touch even more often today and yesterday and the day before yesterday,’ he said.

‘We are now in front of fighting AJ. I think the most probable way it should go now is AJ with Usyk.’


He added: ‘We didn’t have much time to discuss the options, so the principle location that is under discussion at the moment is Wembley.

‘With all my respect to Saudi Arabia, it might be a little too hot in August over there. But if it goes to Saudi Arabia, also happy. If it goes to Ukraine, even more happy! If it goes to any other place in the world, we are happy because we are facing the very best in heavyweights. And this is the best way to prove yourself.
Read Also: Tyson Fury: ‘Deontay Wilder Requesting $20m To Let Anthony Joshua Fight Happen’
‘I think this week is the deadline for everyone. So end of this week the whole world will know that Fury vs AJ on August 14 is finished. And instead of one fight we are getting two fights. AJ is going to fight Usyk and Fury is going to fight Wilder.’Anthony Joshua

Also Read:  "We Made History" - Akinwunmi Adesina Thanks AfDB Governors, Others For Re-Election

Photo Credit: Getty

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

13,000FansLike
21,100FollowersFollow
37,000SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles