It’s an unfortunate part of life: Some people cheat. And, while no one wants to be the person who was cheated on, people have a sick fascination with what goes down during cheating, when it happens, and how it happens.
Now, a new survey is looking to answer some of those questions. In a study, 2,000 people were questioned about cheating and came up with some surprising answers. For starters, most people who cheated said they only did it once, although less than half admitted to having regular affairs. Women were also more likely than men to say they cheated more than once, with 40 percent copping to it.
Read Also: Strictly Ladies: 12 Different Types of Penises You’ll Definitely Encounter In Nigeria And How To Master The D
The survey also found that women were more likely to cheat because they felt their regular partner stopped paying attention to them, while men were more likely to step out because the other person was hot.
Here’s where it gets really interesting: The survey asked cheaters where they met the person they cheated with, and the answers are sure to fuel any insecure lover’s paranoia. These were the top responses women gave. Men had similar responses, although they were more likely to pick up a fling at a bar than women or seek one out online.
While a lot of people say their partner never found out about their indiscretions, the majority of those surveyed said they regretted cheating. So, yeah, as always, don’t cheat.
1. They Were A Friend: 41 percent of respondents cited a too-close pal as the one coming between her and her significant other.
2. They Met Them At Work: You never mix business with pleasure, but, unfortunately, 33 percent of the women surveyed said that the workplace is where their indiscretion went down.
3. They Met Them While They Were ‘Out And About’: Maybe she was stopped on a run, or happened to strike up a conversation with someone at a café. Whatever the case, casual, real-world interactions accounted for 18 percent of all responses.
4. They Met Them In A Bar: On that note, a night at the bar led to 12 percent of the cheating instances.
5. They Met Them On Social Media: You can’t stop another man from sliding into her DMs, and 7 percent of the women surveyed just couldn’t resist the advances.
6. They Met Them On A Dating App Or Website: If you’re in a relationship, it may not be a good sign that she still has Tinder or another dating app downloaded on her phone. Still, this platform accounted for just 5 percent of all responses.
7. They Met Them On A Business Trip Or Holiday: A weekend away could be enough to put her world’s apart from you. But this situation was a factor in just 4 percent of all responses.
Photo Credit: Getty