We all say age is just a number – but looking at these celebrities in bikinis and swimwear, we actually believe it!
Diversity is what makes our world come alive and black colour is beautiful. It’s an undeniable fact that Black women are insanely beautiful with some of the most stunningly captivating features.
Read Also: “My Curves Are Natural. I Love Me And I Love My Butt” – Nicole Murphy, 52, Is Finally Embracing Her Amazing Body And Booty
These black Hollywood and Nollywood beauties are all over 50 and confidently show off their banging bodies, giving us all a major dose of inspiration.From Shaffy Bello to Halle Berry, these are some of the most glorious black female celebrities. This is a tribute to these very talented and sensational black women in the world of cinema, fashion, and television who have taken the world by storm.
1. Angela Bassett: The actress toasted her 60th birthday in this gorgeous printed bikini! Looking coy for the camera with her hair in curls and her toned figure front and centre, the Bumblebee star shared the stunning shot on Instagram.
2. Halle Berry: The 52-year-old actress showed off her her toned figure in a bikini with the beach shot.
3. Naomi Campbell: Naomi is truly flawless even at over 50. She can definitely teach us how she stares into our soul with one look?!
4. Tracee Ellis Ross: Whoa – Tracee is not messing around here. This 48-year-old is one hot mama in this bikini, and the black and white filter (and the fact that she’s caught just coming out of the water) adds so much to the photo. Such a classic beauty!
5. Gabrielle Union: Gabrielle Union just became a mom for the first time recently when she welcomed baby Kaavia via surrogate. And even though she’s been busy learning how to be a mom, she’s still fitting beach time in. Bikini and no makeup. She looks so pretty!
6. Mariah Carey: We’d say we’re surprised by how young this pop legend still looks, but then again, it is Mariah Carey we’re talking about. Mariah is a mother of two, and she’s killing it.
7. Jada Pinkett Smith: This beauty with her exotic features started off her career in a short-lived sitcom called ‘True Colors’. She has starred in over 20 films of different genres, some of which include – ‘The Nutty Professor’, ‘The Matrix Reloaded’, ‘The Matrix Revolutions’ and also the ‘Madagascar’ series. She’s married to Will Smith, and they have two children – Willow and Jaden.8. Taraji P. Henson: The Academy-Award winning actress was named one of the 100 most influential people in the worldon the annual ‘Time 100 list’ in 2016. Some of her most marvelous performances were seen in the Oscar nominated film ‘Hidden Figures’, the hit TV series ‘Empire’ and other films like ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’ and ‘Person of Interest’.
She was also voted as one of “The 10 Sexiest Women of 2001” by the readers of ‘Black Men’ magazine.9. Viola Davis: This ingenious actress is the only black woman to be nominated for three Academy Awards, winning one and she is the only black actress to have won the Triple Crown of Acting. She was also listed as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time Magazine in 2012 and 2017. Besides her many awards and accomplishments for her acting, she is also the ambassador of ‘Hunger Is’ which is a charity that aims at fighting childhood hunger.
10. Tyra Banks: You must have seen the fierce Tyra Banks hosting America’s Top Model. The swanky Miss Banks is one of the original Angels of Victoria’s Secret. She has come a long way as a “media mogul” – an actress, model, a TV host, producer and entrepreneur in Hollywood and the fashion industry to become one of the most successful black women in the world. She was the first African-American woman to be on the cover of GQ and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
11. Vanessa Williams: This Bronx beauty began her career in scandal. She initially gained recognition as the first African-American recipient of the Miss America title when she was crowned Miss America 1984 in 1983.
Williams enjoyed success on both stage and screen, receiving an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture for her portrayal of Teri Joseph in the film Soul Food.
Her best known television roles are that of Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty, for which she was nominated three times for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, and Renee Perry on Desperate Housewives. She has also starred in films such as Eraser, Soul Food (1997) and Dance with Me.
12. Elise Neal: From Memphis, she may be best remembered for her big breaks in 1997, appearing in the films Rosewood, Money Talks and Scream 2. From 1998 to 2002, Neal starred as Yvonne Hughley in the ABC/UPN sitcom The Hughleys. She also has appeared in films including Restaurant, Mission to Mars, Paid in Full, Hustle & Flow (2005), and more.
13. Vivica A Fox14. Nia Long15. Garcelle Beauvais16. Regina Hall17. Cynthia Bailey18. Lynn Whitfield
20. Sanaa Lathan21. Nicole Murphy22. Bimbo Akintola
23. Shaffy Bello
24. Niecy Nash
25. Jennifer Lopez: Of course Jennifer Lopez has made this list – duh.
At over 50, she has a legendary music career behind her with a lot to look forward to, and somehow, she manages to hit the gym enough to look like this at the beach.
Photo Credit: Getty