Emerging report has disclosed that there is uncertainity over the status of some members of the President’s cabinet who shelved their political ambitions to remain ministers.
According to the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, their fate can only be decided by the President Muhammadu Buhari.
Read Also: If Buhari Wanted To Make You President, Why Did He Ask Osinbajo, Fayemi And Other Yoruba Men To Contest Against You? – Ayo Adebanjo Warns Bola Tinubu Not To Believe Buhari
As of Wednesday, Minister of Women Affairs, Pauline Tallen; the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami; Minister of State for Petroleum, Timpre Sylva; and Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige have withdrawn their candidacy for various electoral offices in 2023.
Responding to questions from State House correspondents after Wednesday’s Federal Executive Council meeting, Mohammed said he still needs to clarify from the President whether or not the returnee ministers have been reabsorbed into the cabinet.
Mohammed said, “…about ministers returning or not going, I think you need to give me more time so that I can tell you exactly what the situation is. Right now, I need to cross-check. I need to confirm again from Mr President what the situation is.
Read Also: 2023: “Of All The Aspirants So Far, Atiku Abubakar Is The Best” – Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku, Hails Peter Obi’s Achievements
“You see the final decision on who is going, who’s coming back, who’s not going lies with Mr. President.”
Earlier, our correspondent had spotted Malami who was at the Council Chambers for the meeting while Sylva and Tallen attended online from their various offices in Abuja.
Meanwhile, the Labour Minister is on an official trip to Durban, South Africa, where he is attending the International Labour Organization, a global conference on Child Labour.
Photo Credit: Getty